Deli, Cold Meat, Cheese?

swindonabroad

Firstly I am not one of those farangs who only eat chips, burgers and full english breakfasts, love the Thai food!

I do miss decent cold meat and fresh cheese occasionaly though.

Does anyoneknow of a deli or good place to buy meat, cheese etc in Bangkok?

Thanks.

Carrefour is great for French yoghurts, cheeses, pate...and of course one can't argue with the great selection at the Villa Markets around town. Bei Otto (deli next to the restaurant of the same name) is also nice for pickles, meats & such...

Carrefour is great for French yoghurts, cheeses, pate...and of course one can't argue with the great selection at the Villa Markets around town. Bei Otto (deli next to the restaurant of the same name) is also nice for pickles, meats & such...

Bei Otto also has decent prices and good bread to go with all that meat and cheese.

Tok Lae Dee ???? What does that mean?

It's a very nice diner chain which is present in most Foodland outlets...it actually means "Cheap and Good", or something like that :o (just mentioned it because they're a great source for a Western meal while shopping there)

Took Lae Dee in Foodland Sukhumvit Soi 5 is full of Russian prostitutes, West African drug dealers, freelancers and obnoxious drunken Johns during the night.

Best avoided at that time IMO.

Which of them are you? :o

Food Glorious Food is on Suk 71, about soi 35 I think (it's a fair distance from Suk) - I agree with bkkmick as being a great place for deli style foods. They have a good selection of Aussie and Kiwi imported products as well as lots of other stuff... their website is informative

Food Glorious Food

I just looked at their website and every deli meat item is shown as unavailable

• 1 year later...

Foodland near Nana hotel is my favorite when I'm in the area, they got a nice little eating area, buy yourself a nice cold Heineken Beer to wash it all down. :D I :D all the way back to Nana; even had a few good :burps: the following morning. :)

• 3 months later...
Firstly I am not one of those farangs who only eat chips, burgers and full english breakfasts, love the Thai food!

I do miss decent cold meat and fresh cheese occasionaly though.

Does anyoneknow of a deli or good place to buy meat, cheese etc in Bangkok?

Thanks.

I know where you can buy Fresh cheese and Dips.

its amde here in Bangkok and they do home delivery, they are called: HomeMade-Cheese Co.

and you can contact them at their website or call them:

www.homemade-cheese.com

In the past Food Glorious Food was the place to pick up imported foods and they even did special orders such as mince pies and cakes for Christmas. Had not been there or ordered from them in awhile since now it's quite easy to get import food from Tops, Villa, Food Land etc. I was driving down Sukhumvit 71 on Saturday and stopped in. The place had a deserted feel to it and I would be wary of buying anything as I'm not sure of what the turnover in food is. Everything was wrapped in plastic so hard to tell if really fresh or not, though the wine collection looked good, but then Wine Connection still beats them.

If I'm wrong about Food Glorious Food please correct me.

I have never been able to find decent deli meats in Thailand.  So as I am in the US right now to attend two trade shows, I have bought a 6 lb prosciutto, a whole buon gusto salami, an alpino salami, and a genoa salami. THose should last me several months!  :)