Yamaha T Max 2022, who is in the market?

MrJ

i'd be in the market if it wasn't like riding an old bath tub and wasn't such a saft price

no strike that - i wouldn't be interested... If i wanted a bike that could go decent distances - i'd get a proper bike that would be a blast to ride...

For that price, you could get an X-ADV 750 for some long distance rides and an ADV 150 for wizzing around town and with the change get a months "all you can eat" pass as foxy chix a go go ....

35 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Do they offer Forza 750 in Thailand, what's the price...? That is this Tmax competition..., sort of...! 

Not on their website. Never seen one

Got that God awful looking X-ADV 750

If you are into the Power Rangers, and 12 years old, that will suit

Other model, same engine, NC750

• Haha 1

Tmax 2022: 539,000 THB

Kawasaki Z900RS: 499,000 THB Z900RS

Triumph StreetTriple RS: 490,000 THB StreetTripleRS

Triumph SpeedTwin: 559,000 THB SpeedTwin

Honda CB1300 :575,000 THB CB1300

Tmax: over expensive! Where's the value?

I, currently, have a StreetTriple RS and plan to buy either a Z900RS or a SpeedTwin. Personally, I won't spend 500K THB on a scooter (I already have a Nmax as well)

Just my 2 cents ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fab5BKK said:

Tmax 2022: 539,000 THB

Kawasaki Z900RS: 499,000 THB Z900RS

Triumph StreetTriple RS: 490,000 THB StreetTripleRS

Triumph SpeedTwin: 559,000 THB SpeedTwin

Honda CB1300 :575,000 THB CB1300

Tmax: over expensive! Where's the value?

I, currently, have a StreetTriple RS and plan to buy either a Z900RS or a SpeedTwin. Personally, I won't spend 500K THB on a scooter (I already have a Nmax as well)

Just my 2 cents ????

Completely agree, crazy price for what you are getting.

About 16800$ in the US for the old model= 550k baht so also very expensive over there.

The sold over 233.000 of them in EU since launch in 2001 so hugely popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_TMAX

PS: One of my biker buddies has the Speed Twin, awesome bike and with around 100hp it can move, so not just a pretty bike for show.

Sadly it's just too small for me, I look like a elephant on it, 555.

• Haha 1

Thanks for your input- agree very expensive, I am currently on a Forza 350 , need for daily commuting and would like to have additional fun - but need automatic, practicality and forward leg position 

so either XADV/ Forza 750 or TMAX?

8 hours ago, seedy said:

Did you look at the NC750X ? Comes with DCT so near enuf to a CVT but more a motorcycle than a scooter.

Thanks - Don’t like the foot rest position and weather protection, need more storage as well….

Edited by MrJ

Always funny the the comments regarding Tmax and maxi scooter from people whom never tried or own one but hate it.

You can't just compare it to a big bike, not the same use or philosophy.

Nobody is comparing a 911 and a Cayenne, both are excellent but so different.

Is it too expensive? Sure it is! But they are selling it like hot cake so why wouldn't they...

I am also waiting to see if Honda will sell the Forza 750 in Thailand, the price would more be  attractive and I like the concept. The new Xadv 750 is also very interesting but I am not a big fan of the off road look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomaway said:

Always funny the the comments regarding Tmax and maxi scooter from people whom never tried or own one but hate it.

You can't just compare it to a big bike, not the same use or philosophy.

Nobody is comparing a 911 and a Cayenne, both are excellent but so different.

Is it too expensive? Sure it is! But they are selling it like hot cake so why wouldn't they...

I am also waiting to see if Honda will sell the Forza 750 in Thailand, the price would more be  attractive and I like the concept. The new Xadv 750 is also very interesting but I am not a big fan of the off road look. 

That's how it is with forums - you have to take the rough with the smooth ..

Many would call it "banter" .

I have tried it and was surprised how much I didn’t like it. Forza will destroy it, and for those who like it price may go down then. The new forza s supposed to be on the motor show this month.  Thai clip advertising it appeared on YouTube so it should be there. Likely will have many orders and long delivery times since in Europe is quite slow to get one now.

was able to do a test ride with the current TMax 2021 model from Pattaya main dealer for one hour, my impression and comparison with my Forza 350

more leg room and better seating position (I am 1.84m)

fantastic and far superior suspension, bumps and bad road surfaces are handled very good

fantastic brakes, good to dose and way better than all bikes I had

Electric adjustable windshield is higher than Forza and therefore much less noise and wind pressure 

handling and turning superior even with about 40kg more weight

power and acceleration great and very responsive 

only negative point is the sound - so akrapovic or similar exhaust may needed 

so will wait until spring to see the 2022 model in flesh and decide from there (if good discounts then for the old model - why not?)

but XADV or Forza 750 are not yet out of the race

14 hours ago, MrJ said:

was able to do a test ride with the current TMax 2021 model from Pattaya main dealer for one hour, my impression and comparison with my Forza 350

more leg room and better seating position (I am 1.84m)

fantastic and far superior suspension, bumps and bad road surfaces are handled very good

fantastic brakes, good to dose and way better than all bikes I had

Electric adjustable windshield is higher than Forza and therefore much less noise and wind pressure 

handling and turning superior even with about 40kg more weight

power and acceleration great and very responsive 

only negative point is the sound - so akrapovic or similar exhaust may needed 

so will wait until spring to see the 2022 model in flesh and decide from there (if good discounts then for the old model - why not?)

but XADV or Forza 750 are not yet out of the race

it must be great      grate to be you ....