Pre-flight Test Question

JCP108

I am traveling from the U.S. to Thailand at the end of the month. I foolishly scheduled my flight for the morning after Thanksgiving. Turns out all the test centers say 1-2 days for results though with the holiday now are all saying 2-3 days. That means that none of them will promise to get the test results to me within 72 hours. There are expedited tests you can get to get the results within 24 hours, but they either don't say RT-PCR or are done with a more superficial swab and both of those issues will get my test invalidated for the purpose I need. My question: as I can just move the test sample up one day to try to get the result within the 72-hour time before my first flight, does anyone see an issue with the sample being taken more than 72 hours prior to my flight? With the holiday, very difficult to impossible to get both the sample and the result within 72 hours of my first flight. 

Update: Checked with my airline (All Nippon) and sample collection must be within 72 hours. So, I'm <deleted>-ed. I may have to cancel my trip.

Edited by JCP108

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Update 2: Finally found a clinic an hour and a half away from me that will do a proper test with a 24-hour turnaround for $105US.

That's a good price, I dont remember how much I paid six months ago but it was more than that. It helps if you told us where you are  .

We used Passport Health Near Orlando FL . They were quick and efficient. We never even got out of our car, They had a drive through and we got our certificate by Email 4 hours later. 

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/orlando/

There are a lot of testing facilities near major international airports specializing at that , do a search for the area you are flying out of. 

And have a good trip

42 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That's a good price, I dont remember how much I paid six months ago but it was more than that. It helps if you told us where you are  .

We used Passport Health Near Orlando FL . They were quick and efficient. We never even got out of our car, They had a drive through and we got our certificate by Email 4 hours later. 

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/orlando/

There are a lot of testing facilities near major international airports specializing at that , do a search for the area you are flying out of. 

And have a good trip

Thanks. I am in southern Indiana. The nearest such testing center is a drive-through type and it's in Indianapolis about 90 minutes from where I live.

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Thanks. I am in southern Indiana. The nearest such testing center is a drive-through type and it's in Indianapolis about 90 minutes from where I live.

Yea , Orlando was about 90 minutes away from us also.

A man sgara do what a sgara do ????

It's good to start doing annoying things before you get here and acclimate, so it does not hit you hard when you do get here. ????

• Like 1

I am also flying out of Orlando. About an hour ago my wife and I both got covid rt-pcr tests that were done in 30 minutes. The place was in the airport and called Advent health clinic. I think such places are in most major airports. I did book a few weeks in advance but they were accepting walk-ins as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

I am also flying out of Orlando. About an hour ago my wife and I both got covid rt-pcr tests that were done in 30 minutes. The place was in the airport and called Advent health clinic. I think such places are in most major airports. I did book a few weeks in advance but they were accepting walk-ins as well.

As you said many airports have 60 minute turnaround testing at a price, Seattle $250. Locally (Southern Oregon) the testing is free (though your insurance if you have it, but still free if you don't. Not sure if it is the state picking up the bill) but will not guarantee 72 hr although they most will get result in less than 24.

https://xprescheck.com/

• 2 weeks later...