ThaiEVisa.go.th website flaky?

Is it just me or is the ThaiEVisa website up and down like a yoyo? It was down for 'The team is fixing and updating the system' down for a few hours last night UK time and then back up, tried to log in again this morning to finish adding documents and it's down again!

I'm using Firefox browser on a PC, last night I tried on Chrome with the same result, I've also tried restarting Firefox to no avail.

Helpfully when it's down it says 'Please try your last action again in a few hours. If you still see this page, please inform us through the contact form below.' and surprise surprise, there is no contact page, there are some web links none of which lead to a contact page that I could see!

Andrew

Screenshot 2021-11-20 095615.jpg

Edited by RetroGTAndrew
Added correct screenshot

Is it flaky? Well, all the official Thai immigration and visa related systems used by foreigners are, and there is no particular reason to expect this system to be different. If it will go down for more than a few days, this should be announced. Other than that, just keep trying. There probably was a contact form at one point, but they may have decided to remove it as they were receiving so much abuse. Thai officials do not like this.

9 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

And in further breaking news, it's back down again! Yoyo time!

Andrew

Looks like you and I are both on the same roller coaster just now.

Only two of us out of the entire AseanNow membership?

I would have expected scores of comments from others who were also on that same ride.

Does that say something about the present demand for "new"/tourist visas to Thailand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Looks like you and I are both on the same roller coaster just now.

Only two of us out of the entire AseanNow membership?

I would have expected scores of comments from others who were also on that same ride.

Does that say something about the present demand for "new"/tourist visas to Thailand?

Yippee! Well that was a trek! Tried again this evening 'Maintenance' then up then down finally got on and completed and paid for mine and the little womans applications (she'll travel on her UK passport as her vaccinations were in her UK name and I have no idea if it's possible to connect them to her Thai ID).

I love the way it's supposed to be easier, haha! Front page of the Thai eVisa website (below) lists only 4 documents required, until you get into the application and it even wants a pic of you holding your passport and your photograph!

I wish I had started the Visa application before I booked the flights as if I had realised how much pissing about the Visa application was I would have booked flexible return flights for 30 days, gone in on Visa exempt stamp, moved the flight and extended at immigration (done it once before, just a form, a picture, ฿1900 and no jumping through hoops).

Andrew

Screenshot 2021-11-20 221526.jpg

Edited by RetroGTAndrew
speeeling
  • Like 1

You are not alone... ????

Same for me the last 24 hours.

Trying, uploading documents, then it gets down a few hours, then back again, then again....

Usual Thai visa administration things. Not like it's easy to fullfil all the requested demands to go back to Thailand at the moment, the insurance, sha+ hotels, vaccination and all the rest... Now the e-visa, and it's not even working! ????

Patience. Key word in amazing Thailand.

• Haha 1