Time for electric installation in my house

sead

Thai Yazaki is a well known local brand, you do tend to get what you pay for.

I have some (very cheap) Triple-N 4mm VCT that's definitely under size!

200m is a lot of flex, what's your application? VCT isn't really the stuff for a house installation.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sezze said:

Might be a stupid question , but what are the codes on the cables , the VCT and all other cable codes ? I know it has to do with the insulation used but idk which cable type is used for what ....

Just DAGS “cable letter code” and you will get yourself your information ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

Thai Yazaki is a well known local brand, you do tend to get what you pay for.

I have some (very cheap) Triple-N 4mm VCT that's definitely under size!

200m is a lot of flex, what's your application? VCT isn't really the stuff for a house installation.

It was actually meant to be for the house installation in walls such as sockets and swithches etc. I have sent a mail to some of the companies asking for what is recommended. Sent it 2 days ago. Im looking for european colour codes which has been a problem for me to find but i have. The electrician want to put 3 seperate cables which he says is cheaper, Ofc without the extra insulation

https://www.bangkokcable.com/en/products/copper-cables-1

Choose what you want from Bangkok Cable website and walk in to your local electrical supplier and show them the datasheet.  BCC has detailed PDFs in English for all the cable types.   Sounds like you might bw interested in VAF-G cable.  It comes with brown , blue, green colors.    If any part of your wiring is exposed where mice and rats can get in and bite the wires, you should consider individual conductors in conduit.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, captainjackS said:

https://www.bangkokcable.com/en/products/copper-cables-1

Choose what you want from Bangkok Cable website and walk in to your local electrical supplier and show them the datasheet.  BCC has detailed PDFs in English for all the cable types.   Sounds like you might bw interested in VAF-G cable.  It comes with brown , blue, green colors.    If any part of your wiring is exposed where mice and rats can get in and bite the wires, you should consider individual conductors in conduit.

Ty, I found some Thai Yazaki VAF-G 2x2.5/2.5 sqmm.300/500V that seems to be the one. Im waiting for an aswer though from Yazaki company

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sead said:

Ty, I found some Thai Yazaki VAF-G 2x2.5/2.5 sqmm.300/500V that seems to be the one. Im waiting for an aswer though from Yazaki company

VAF-G works and can be run unprotected in ceiling / roof spaces although most homes are wired in THW singles running in conduit for additional rodent protection.

SK Universal can supply pretty much anything you want by mail order http://www.sk-wires.com/en/ 

• Thanks 1