Karon beach open ?

Chongalulu

Looking to drive to Phuket for a few days next week and previously based myself in Karon beach. I hear Patong is open but wondered if bars etc are open in Karon now which I prefer overall unless it’s dead. Grateful for any recent reports or even alternative suggestions 

For a trip next week I would pick Kamala, Rawai or Patong.

I stay in Kamala as i used to find Patong too much, but now it is quite pleasant there - plenty of bars and small eateries open but nowhere near pre-Covid levels.

Things are opening up incredibly quickly (the entire west coast was ghost towns when I arrived at the beginning of October) but at the moment I think those are the best choices for bars and restaurants - albeit with 11pm closing (officially).

I will admit that I can't comment on Kata or Karon as I have not been there in the lasat few weeks.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better.
  • Like 1

I was there 6 weeks ago via the sandbox scheme . The place was shuttered up and a ghost town with just a few restaurants open ( I used Ann's restaurant ) and no bars . Only people making money were the makers of " for sale / for rent posters ".

• Like 1

Karon was a wasteland 8-15 October, both the beach and town behind, and I had a very disappointing rip-off stay at the Beyond Karon at the South end. The stormy weather was also blowing in what looked like bright brown patches of effluent probably from a sewage outfall pipe off the headland with the surf at high tide. At first I thought it was oil but there was no smell and no residue was left on the beach as the tide receded. The great food, drink and service at Kata Villa opposite saved the day though, And  things livened up going down the hill to Kata with many places opened and the beach looked really lively. I wish Id stayed there.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pagallim report most accurate here. Karon & Kata Beaches are Open &  best on Phuket. Karon main road a ghost town with many power cuts so

don’t stay there.Karon Beach has Reilly Irish Pub & Anda Coffee & comfortable No Name / Walkabout Sports Bars & Hilton.

Forget Kamala. Ghost Town & Pointless when you can stay in the lively Patong or Rawai, both close to Karon / Kata. Do check out the uniquely wonderful STAY Resort Rawai.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, TropicalGuy said:

Pagallim report most accurate here. Karon & Kata Beaches are Open &  best on Phuket. Karon main road a ghost town with many power cuts so

don’t stay there.Karon Beach has Reilly Irish Pub & Anda Coffee & comfortable No Name / Walkabout Sports Bars & Hilton.

Forget Kamala. Ghost Town & Pointless when you can stay in the lively Patong or Rawai, both close to Karon / Kata. Do check out the uniquely wonderful STAY Resort Rawai.

I'm near Kata Beach are any of the bars open around Karon like the Aussue Bar?

1 hour ago, slinkydonkey said:

I'm near Kata Beach are any of the bars open around Karon like the Aussue Bar?

? My post is clear on Karon Bars.. Aussie Bar/ Pub in Patong & Kamala open. I only go to good Live Rock Bars like New York (Bangla) or Freedom (Rawai) or Hard Rock (Patong).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ned Ludd said:

This was Naiharn beach earlier today....Speaks for itself.

May be an image of 13 people, people standing, beach and body of water

Oh c r a p ... they're back.  Honey, scratch Phuket again, till next total country lockdown ????

Feb 2021 

Edited by KhunLA

4 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Clearly a deceptive photo taken with a long telephoto lens (look at the depth-of-field) but jeez, that's a lot of fat people!

My "brother" is a photo freak. Their family are very happy at present because their hotel is full with overseas tourists. Looking at what you said about the fat people, perhaps he should have used a very wide angle lens? Also, not a mask in sight. Covid, what covid? cough, cough, cough...nothing to worry about honey, we are in a civilised country with first class medeical facilities..