Waterbeds

bazmlb

Check with Dupont's Waterbeds in Thappraya Road....the Road that leads from Thepprasit further down to Jomtien Beach. They are located on the right side in that huge condo.

• 2 weeks later...
Check with Dupont's Waterbeds in Thappraya Road....the Road that leads from Thepprasit further down to Jomtien Beach. They are located on the right side in that huge condo.

Raro, can you be a bit more specific with that location please? Do you mean the seaward end of Thappraya? Right-side headed towards the beach? Before the dog-leg at Hanuman Statue? Possibly name that condo? I am not overly familiar with that side of the city.

I am looking for some waterbed 'conditioner' as I have one in storage and hope that they can help.

Many thanks,

Where is the best place to get a softsided waterbed, would they stay cool enough in this climate or would you still need the heater? If you use one do you still need the AC on?

My rental came with a waterbed and back in Feb, the heating pad was on all the time at maximum heat as it was uncomfortably cold. Even though the house had warmed up considerably by April, the heater was still on.

I would say that with the fan on, you may get away without the a/c running but that's a big lump of pretty cold water so your back would be cold but the air a few inches above the surface would be warm and hence uncomfortable. Note that a cold waterbed does not cool the air around it.

I have since drained and stored it, replacing with a conventional mattress since IMHO waterbeds are OK for solitary sleepers but not much good for couples sleeping. This one had internal baffles so the motion wasn't the problem but we found ourselves waking up on the edge of the bed, resting against the frame.

Where is the best place to get a softsided waterbed, would they stay cool enough in this climate or would you still need the heater? If you use one do you still need the AC on?

My rental came with a waterbed and back in Feb, the heating pad was on all the time at maximum heat as it was uncomfortably cold. Even though the house had warmed up considerably by April, the heater was still on.

I would say that with the fan on, you may get away without the a/c running but that's a big lump of pretty cold water so your back would be cold but the air a few inches above the surface would be warm and hence uncomfortable. Note that a cold waterbed does not cool the air around it.

I have since drained and stored it, replacing with a conventional mattress since IMHO waterbeds are OK for solitary sleepers but not much good for couples sleeping. This one had internal baffles so the motion wasn't the problem but we found ourselves waking up on the edge of the bed, resting against the frame.

so it was a hard sided not a soft sided?

i used to sleep on one in australia and the heater hardly ran at all, would say there is a problem there, i find a lot of the heat in bed is like build up as the bedding heats up to your temp, but with a water bed it would be less of a problem so no need for a fan????

Raro, can you be a bit more specific with that location please? Do you mean the seaward end of Thappraya? Right-side headed towards the beach? Before the dog-leg at Hanuman Statue? Possibly name that condo? I am not overly familiar with that side of the city.

I am looking for some waterbed 'conditioner' as I have one in storage and hope that they can help.

Many thanks,

...okok...I'll try!

coming from Tepprasit you turn left at the T-junction. Follow the road when it turns right towards the beach. On you right you'll se a huge condo...go inside the condo perimeter and the Dupont Waterbeds is in one of the shops in the groundfloor.

Many thanks,

...okok...I'll try!

coming from Tepprasit you turn left at the T-junction. Follow the road when it turns right towards the beach. On you right you'll se a huge condo...go inside the condo perimeter and the Dupont Waterbeds is in one of the shops in the groundfloor.

OK, checked it out around noon and they were closed/locked and nobody answered the mobile number they have on the door. I will give them a shot later.

Thanks!

so it was a hard sided not a soft sided?

i used to sleep on one in australia and the heater hardly ran at all, would say there is a problem there, i find a lot of the heat in bed is like build up as the bedding heats up to your temp, but with a water bed it would be less of a problem so no need for a fan????

It was soft sided, imported from the US but enclosed in the existing thai style mahogany bed frame (about 8" deep). I just had a look at the heater pad and it's rated at 350W and measures about 12" x 24". Maybe that's too small for a King size waterbed? I thought it was strange that I needed it set to max temp all day but then again, the thermostat may have been buggered?

Still need the 'conditioner' though so I don't screw up the one I have now put in storage.