Morchana

Randy99

Trying to load Morchana onto my phone.  It's asking for "Thailand Pass ID"  Don't know what that is.  Tried number from TM6 arrival card but it doesn't accept it.  Been here in Thailand for 5 uninterrupted years.

Ugggg.   HELP PLEASE!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

dont think App is

1. Necessary
  2. works

The app works, as I am able to use it. However, maybe not necessary. However, I gives indication of if it´s high risk in the area you are located and can give about other areas.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

The app works, as I am able to use it. However, maybe not necessary. However, I gives indication of if it´s high risk in the area you are located and can give about other areas.

i didn't think it was available for android?

• Confused 3

I got my two injections, plus a scruffy piece of paper stating the fact. I took this back to the hospital a week later and got a vaccination certificate which has a thirteen digit number on it. That's the one you use for 'Thai ID'. Works for me anyway.

• Thanks 2

When entering... 

Bangkok CoE (ASQ) Entry: Thai Pass was a requirement: 2x entries - Phone checked. 

Phuket CoE (Sandbox): Mor Chana was a requirement: 1x entry - Phone checked (*entry - they made me download the App, I’d forgot. The App was also checked daily at the Sandbox hotel)

Bangkok Thailand Pass (Test&Go): Mor Chana a requemen as per info: 1x entry - No Checks made anywhere.

It seems that while previously there were ‘more’ checks of these ’track and trace’ apps they have been forgotten about. 

The only concern I would have is Airline check-in Staff at point of origin requesting confirmation you have these Apps (I have not witnessed this through). Upon entry it seems the Thai entry staff can help and if they don’t check, then its no biggie. 

9 minutes ago, treetops said:

If you've been here 5 uninterrupted years then you won't ever have applied for a Thailand Pass so you won't have a Thailand Pass ID.  Thailand Pass is the current entry check web tool.

https://tp.consular.go.th/

The Thailand Pass commenced on 1st Nov 2021.

Anyone entering before that will not have used Thailand Pass... Additionally, the Thailand Pass ID is different for each application. 

(I have a series of different Thailand Pass ID’s - because I ended up applying numerous times while navigating the utter snafu in its first week of operations). 

Edited by richard_smith237

4 hours ago, Randy99 said:

Trying to load Morchana onto my phone.  It's asking for "Thailand Pass ID"  Don't know what that is.  Tried number from TM6 arrival card but it doesn't accept it.  Been here in Thailand for 5 uninterrupted years.

Ugggg.   HELP PLEASE!!

Curious - why do you need the Mor Chana App ??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Thailand Pass commenced on 1st Nov 2021.

Anyone entering before that will not have used Thailand Pass... Additionally, the Thailand Pass ID is different for each application. 

(I have a series of different Thailand Pass ID’s - because I ended up applying numerous times while navigating the utter snafu in its first week of operations). 

So the OP who hasn't been out of Thailand for 5 years won't have one then, unless he's been doing some advance planning which doesn't sound likely if he doesn't know what Thailand Pass is.

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Curious - why do you need the Mor Chana App ??? 

I've used it since it was released. If a covid outbreak/hotspot develops anywhere I have been I will be contacted. Makes contact tracing way easier for the public health authorities.

Now that I have been vaxed entering the 13 digit number allows me to just show the app if I need to prove it.

Has not been a power hog on the phone.

No complaints here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I've used it since it was released. If a covid outbreak/hotspot develops anywhere I have been I will be contacted. Makes contact tracing way easier for the public health authorities.

Now that I have been vaxed entering the 13 digit number allows me to just show the app if I need to prove it.

Has not been a power hog on the phone.

No complaints here.

I needed it when I visited Phuket in April (domestic arrival from Bangkok - just a holiday). 

Then had to show it when entering Phuket (Sandbox) in Sept. 

I entered Thailand again, Bangkok (Test and Go) a couple of weeks ago, knew I had it on my phone but was never asked to show it. 

I just checked it, the App is not working and just hangs (on my phone)...   I guess it doesn’t like it if you travel too much !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I needed it when I visited Phuket in April (domestic arrival from Bangkok - just a holiday). 

Then had to show it when entering Phuket (Sandbox) in Sept. 

I entered Thailand again, Bangkok (Test and Go) a couple of weeks ago, knew I had it on my phone but was never asked to show it. 

I just checked it, the App is not working and just hangs (on my phone)...   I guess it doesn’t like it if you travel too much !

If you have the original version there has been an update. It does not auto-update, so you may have to dl from the app store.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, cooked said:

I got my two injections, plus a scruffy piece of paper stating the fact. I took this back to the hospital a week later and got a vaccination certificate which has a thirteen digit number on it. That's the one you use for 'Thai ID'. Works for me anyway.

You're taking about Mor Prom, the OP is asking about Mor Chana. They're two totally different apps with different functions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikebike said:

If you have the original version there has been an update. It does not auto-update, so you may have to dl from the app store.

That worked... I obviously had the ‘old version.... 

I attempted to re-register using my Thailand Pass ID (which I entered on two weeks ago) - the App wouldnt accept that.

For the OP: when you get to the screen below, select no and just register with your Phone Number (no need register with a Thailand Pass ID). 

IMG_8693.jpg

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That worked... I obviously had the ‘old version.... 

I attempted to re-register using my Thailand Pass ID (which I entered on two weeks ago) - the App wouldnt accept that.

For the OP: when you get to the screen below, select no and just register with your Phone Number (no need register with a Thailand Pass ID). 

IMG_8693.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion.  It was a good one but.  The screen that you referenced came up on my very first attempt but it doesn't come up now.  So,,,, I deleted the app and then re-loaded it from the play store.  That one screen still didn't come up.  By the way, I had the app working just fine on my old phone but just got a new phone and no joy.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, cooked said:

Correct