Anyone Suffer Any Short Term Effects From The Haze Still Now?

rush74

I was in Chang Mai when the haze was at its peak. I often have an acidic taste in my mouth and although my breathing seems ok my chest does not feel quite normal. Just wandering is anyone else suffering from any similiar effects from the haze and pm10s.

Im getting some chest xrays etc later this week.

thanks for any input

I was in Chang Mai when the haze was at its peak. I often have an acidic taste in my mouth and although my breathing seems ok my chest does not feel quite normal. Just wandering is anyone else suffering from any similiar effects from the haze and pm10s.

Im getting some chest xrays etc later this week.

thanks for any input

Sure I still have lingering effects of dehydration as my body is trying to clean out. They say something like 70% of people are chronically dehydrated in general and all that particulate matter just adds to the water needs.. Was very hot and dry also.

I am drinking like 6 liters of water a day and still my body wants more. Might work for you also as a shortage of water in the body disrupts all sorts of functioning like blood viscosity, nerve conduction, hormones and a lot more.

my sinuses has been fcuked for a month. anything to do with it?

right now spending a lot of clarinase.

A lot of residents, myself included, suffer from allergies during the first month or two of the rainy season. Where do you live? It's worse in wooded areas, the main culprit being, I'm told, tree pollens.

Since the topic was brought up, I completed the page I made on 'dry season' vs 'rainy season' (Green Season!) in terms of air quality and overall desirability. :o

I just added some pictures form this month, they're of course exceptionally clear. Using maximum optical zoom, I was able to take a picture of Doi Suthep Temple (can see individual buildings, etc) all the way from the Third Ring road on the Sankamphaeng Side.

See: www.nachang.com/dryseason/comparison.html

Show this to anyone who thinks the hot/dry season is preferable to the rainy season! (Especially early rainy season)

Cheers,

Chanchao

I am drinking like 6 liters of water a day and still my body wants more. Might work for you also as a shortage of water in the body disrupts all sorts of functioning like blood viscosity, nerve conduction, hormones and a lot more.

On the other hand, if you drink too much water it can also be bad for you. My mother almost died from this. Drinking too much water removes certain minerals from your body and that can mess you up. I don't know the details of how this works, but it almost killed her.

On the other hand, if you drink too much water it can also be bad for you. My mother almost died from this. Drinking too much water removes certain minerals from your body and that can mess you up. I don't know the details of how this works, but it almost killed her.

its called water intoxication and indeed can be fatal.. Easily prevented with electrolytes or mineral supplementation. The early warning signs are a spacey feeling. Simply adding a spoonful of lemon or lime juice to a liter of water will prevent any problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

my sinuses has been fcuked for a month. anything to do with it?

right now spending a lot of clarinase.

A lot of residents, myself included, suffer from allergies during the first month or two of the rainy season. Where do you live? It's worse in wooded areas, the main culprit being, I'm told, tree pollens.

sorry i missed this post sometime back. i spend most of my time right in front of the superhighway and right now in between carrefour and makro, they doing some exit thing in and out of the highway to the frontage road. its been going on for almost a month now and i think its because of the excessive dust thats gotten me all sick. very frustrating.

been here 6 years now, same place and this is the worst so far. so i think its gotta be the highway construction.

Just drink a coconut every day. Natural minerals and electrolytes; FULL of potasium! :o

Too true Ewe Gee. Coconuts and bananas have been used to treat dysentry with success in the Allied POW camps of WWII throughout SE Asia when nothing else was available.

I drink lots of water (by order from She-Who-Wins-Arguments) and two-three large cups of green tea per day. Green tea, like many vegetables, has plenty of antioxidants that help clear out your system of free radicals that attack cell structures.

As somebody said above, just don't forget to replenish minerals and salts.

My only short term effect is being tired of reading and talking about it. No offense to this thread really. I just hope that action continues and the government rolls forward discouraging burning and even goes on to making a connection about everybody breathing the same air, no matter what we do to it, where we do it. ONe world, one air. Every black smoking tuk tuk, rot daeng, and old motosai makes a difference. hel_l, the other day on Hauy Kaew I was behind a tuk tuk that was at least a block away but had managed to foul the air for everybody behind for that tremendous distance. It's just gross. And greedy. It's like shi77ing in your own cage - and everyone else's.

I don't know if anyone could say they really can pinpoint any long lasting effects. Surely years of it could do some serious damage, but methinks in the shorter term lungs and livers regenerate. Any weirdness I feel now is due to the heat sapping my energy and making me need a nap.

Next year I'll get out of CM when the burning starts in late Feb or early March and head down to the coast. No reason why it can't be worse than this year. Nothing has changed.