Thaievisa payment problem

Hi, has anyone experienced a problem in the past two days with payment processing for a visa fee?

I've tried to use 8+ different Visa and Mastercard cards (various banks) and the payment processing (after payment confirmation in banking app) fails every single time.

I've called the bank and they've told me they could not see any transaction requests, not even "failed" attempts.

6 hours ago, Sarek said:

Hi, has anyone experienced a problem in the past two days with payment processing for a visa fee?

I've tried to use 8+ different Visa and Mastercard cards (various banks) and the payment processing (after payment confirmation in banking app) fails every single time.

I've called the bank and they've told me they could not see any transaction requests, not even "failed" attempts.

Yes, I've had two different cards both fail and the application is marked "pending payment."  I've messaged the application consulate about the problem.  Will let you know what they say when they respond.

5 hours ago, Misty said:

Yes, I've had two different cards both fail and the application is marked "pending payment."  I've messaged the application consulate about the problem.  Will let you know what they say when they respond.

I'm in contact with my consulate as well. Their suggestion was to use a somebody elses card, which I have done, but no luck with it either.

Looking more closely into the network traffic while the payment process is going on, I've managed to find that the Worldpay is sending to the merchant (Kasikorn bank) a failure response (after user confirms payment via mobile app) and this would explain why there are no transactions being logged anywhere. 

17 hours ago, Sarek said:

I'm in contact with my consulate as well. Their suggestion was to use a somebody elses card, which I have done, but no luck with it either.

Looking more closely into the network traffic while the payment process is going on, I've managed to find that the Worldpay is sending to the merchant (Kasikorn bank) a failure response (after user confirms payment via mobile app) and this would explain why there are no transactions being logged anywhere. 

One of the cards I tried (THB) didn't record anything, the other (USD) shows the the failed transaction marked as a "Temporary Authorization" with an "invalid post date".   The Thaievisa site listed both transactions as "failed."

Consulate not yet open so no response yet. Will be calling both cards later to see what their systems are showing.

image.png

6 hours ago, Sarek said:

My consulate suggests trying a debit card instead of a credit card. 

Unfortunately I don't have a debit card handy right now.  Have tried 3 credit cards at this point, all rejected payment.  Talked to two of them, and they both basically said "it looks like fraud to us" and they couldn't get their systems to accept payment, even though I was on the phone entering the information and using their respective multifactor authentication systems.

Seems very odd.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Just curious. You don't have any debit card. Surely all that info is with your online banking..

Amazing

Ha ha. Surely not.

Are you trying to be helpful, or were you going for something else?  So far you're 0 for 2 on this thread.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Misty said:

Ha ha. Surely not.

Are you trying to be helpful, or were you going for something else?  So far you're 0 for 2 on this thread.

Don't be childish. Simple question.

You don't have debit card available for payments?

That would be pre historic.

Many payment options do not accept credit cards and insist upon debit card transactions.

On other hand some only accept credit cards. 

My first post was not a stab in the dark. I previously had a non O-A application rejected. My payment was not processed. Hence my suggestion that payment might happen post approval.

Similar to just one example of credit card security held by rental car companies. 

7 hours ago, Misty said:

This is a quote from forum expert:

"It will be changed to paid after the embassy processes the application and payment"....

perhaps read my first post in thread. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Misty said:

One of the cards I tried (THB) didn't record anything, the other (USD) shows the the failed transaction marked as a "Temporary Authorization" with an "invalid post date".   The Thaievisa site listed both transactions as "failed."

Not sure about Kasikorn but I had problems using my debit card to top up my Skype account with my Bangkok Bank card.

I had to do it as new card and when I started the payment I got popup to enter a OTP they sent me by SMS.

I can see a problem with doing some payments if there is no ability to enter the OTP.

• Thanks 1

This morning I've tried to pay again, and to my surprise the payment has gone through and my application is in processing. 

Either the issue on payment processor side has been fixed (which is the most likely option), or me using the VPN, setting it to mask my IP as if I'm in the country where Thai embassy is located, helped.

My situation is a bit complex. We do have a Thai consulate in my country, but the Thai embassy (in another country) is handling visa applications.

Anyway, I hope my post helps someone in need. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarek said:

We do have a Thai consulate in my country, but the Thai embassy (in another country) is handling visa applications.

The consulate in your country is a honorary Thai consulate is the reason it cannot issue any visas at this time and is not tied into e visa site. Only official consulates can do what a embassy can do.

I just paid today guys and believe me I was struggling for days with this

What helped me?

1. removed cookies and cache from safari

2. I used Visa debit card 
3. I used express GPay checkout option on the payment page and added Visa debit card there.

If doesnt work, try to repeat this multiple times with VISA Debit card.....

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Sarek said:

This morning I've tried to pay again, and to my surprise the payment has gone through and my application is in processing. 

Either the issue on payment processor side has been fixed (which is the most likely option), or me using the VPN, setting it to mask my IP as if I'm in the country where Thai embassy is located, helped.

My situation is a bit complex. We do have a Thai consulate in my country, but the Thai embassy (in another country) is handling visa applications.

Anyway, I hope my post helps someone in need. 

Yes, it did help - thank you for the heads up. I tried again this morning and was able to pay for two visa applications on the first try each this time.  Looks like the issue of the past couple of days has been fixed.

24 minutes ago, kawikasudo said:

I used my Capital one credit card from the U.S. and it pended for over one week and then it got approved. Maybe you filled out other things wrong on the form and your approval got rejected 

Thanks but no, that wasn't it for me.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd confirmed by phone the system was down for a period of time.  From what I could tell it was down for at least two days, maybe more.

Now it now accepts payment nearly immediately.