TrueID tv box sold in 7-eleven

cyril sneer

7 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Does anyone know anything about them? Are they an android box or do they require an aerial?

From the limited view of the box in the photo it would seem to me this is an IPTV 

box  maybe based on android but maybe True's own version/implementation of it...

no aerial,  internet required ( possibly only True internet) most likely a few channels for "free"  and add on packages for things like the "premier league"

1 hour ago, johng said:

From the limited view of the box in the photo it would seem to me this is an IPTV 

box  maybe based on android but maybe True's own version/implementation of it...

no aerial,  internet required ( possibly only True internet) most likely a few channels for "free"  and add on packages for things like the "premier league"

the box is just black all over, doesn't give any info

might be worth getting if they offer the same online package for sports channels for just 300 baht a month, might not be that simple though

Yes, yes is an Internet box proprietry to True. We got one for free earlier in the year. The interface is hard to use and it doesn't offer much beyond the usual Thai free to air content. I think we used it once or twice,

It looks like the True Box I have. Got it for free I use it everyday to watch Netflix, YouTube, football on BEIN Connect. Worth having. If it doesn't come with a remote (It should) then download 'Android TV' App on to your phone.

The smaller of the two boxes. It connects in to the tv.

20211124_170312.jpg

20211124_170337.jpg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It looks like the True Box I have. Got it for free I use it everyday to watch Netflix, YouTube, football on BEIN Connect. Worth having. If it doesn't come with a remote (It should) then download 'Android TV' App on to your phone.

The smaller of the two boxes. It connects in to the tv.

20211124_170312.jpg

20211124_170337.jpg

you say you get bein sports, is there an option to subscribe to the true sports channels with premier league?

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

you say you get bein sports, is there an option to subscribe to the true sports channels with premier league?

I downloaded on my phone and subscribed to BEin connect app - don't remember how much but it was cheap. On the box I downloaded the BEin App. I log in on my phone and connect the phone and BEin App on the tv to watch.

We already have a True tv package with Premier League, but I think through the box you can subscribe just for a PL package (i can see THB 149 and THB 249 on the screen).

20211124_173922.jpg

20211124_173852.jpg

• Thanks 1

Specifications

Size and weight

• Length: 115 mm.
  • Width: 115 mm.
  • Height: 22 mm.
  • Weight: n/a

System

• CPU: Amlogic S905X
  • Storage: 8GB eMMC
  • RAM: DDR 2GB

Video

• Resolution: 4K, 1080p, 720p
  • Video decoder: MPEG-2, AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265

Audio

• Mode: Single, Stereo
  • Audio decoder: MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing

Wireless connectivity

• WLAN Standard: WLAN Standard: 2.4Ghz / 5GHz dual-band 802.11ac WiFi compliant
  • Bluetooth: 4.1

Socket

• HDMI 2.0 port x1
  • USB 2.0 port x2
  • MicroSD slot (up to 128GB) x1
  • 3.5mm analog audio output
  • Optical SPDIF digital audio output

In the box

• TrueID TV with Android TV 8.0
  • Remote control (Include voice) + Batteries x2
  • Power supply
  • HDMI 2.0 cable
  • Quick start guide

https://trueidtv.trueid.net/first-version_en.html

18 hours ago, lesmac said:

From what I found online it looks like 300 for the Android box and then a package at 2 to 3000 

Looks like this to me:

There are 3 promotions. Any one can do it. are as follows 1/: 299 baht per month, unlimited internet 10 Mbps sim, no speed reduction (watch free football 2 pairs per week)

2/: 399 baht Internet SIM 10 Mbps Unlimited use, no speed reduction Free calls within the True network 24 hours and 200 minutes outside the network (2 free football matches per week)

3/: 499 SIM card, unlimited use, no speed reduction, 20 Mbps, free calls in True network, 200 minutes network, watch free football every match in 2021 - Must submit ID card to check rights - The shop notified that the service fee is not charged. Press to order in the system. - The product will be delivered in a new TrueID box and an Internet SIM. There will be a discount of 300 baht, 50 baht per month, 6 months, every package. For example, choose a promotion, open the number 499 baht, contract for 12 months, reduce 300 baht, return 6 months, 50 baht per month, 1-6 months, pay 449 baht, 7-12 pay 499 baht. - 12 month contract if cancel the number Bring the box back to True Shop.

Binned.

I've had True IDTV boxes for a couple of years, not too many complaints. I have the package for EPL so in terms of Live TV I use it for that.

But I also have lots of other apps available via the google play store on there such as Netflix, HBO and Disney.

Best of all, I've got an app for my other IPTV service for picking up UK and other channels 

Also very good as a media player if you want to plug in a hard drive or USB stick with movies on it. (I'd recommend adding VLC or another media player to handle those files)

• Like 1