Marriage Extension Renewal, Khon Kaen November 2021.

MartinL

14 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

With the list of documents required for the marriage extension, I note you have stated 400K in the bank for three months.  My understanding is 2 months.  Is this a typo or do Khon Kaen have different requirements to the normal rules?

3 months is for renewal, 2 months when applying for the original.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Wrong.

2 months every time.

You are correct, my bad, I always transfer my annual survival amount over 3 months beforehand and use those funds for my extension, better safe than sorry, than confused and in trouble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is because they charge 5 baht per photocopy. 

They copied my pages - 5 of 'em, A4 - and asked for ...................... 0฿ (Zero baht), which I was quite happy to give them. Even got the 100฿ change from the 2000฿ I gave them to pay for the 1900 ฿ extension.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, MartinL said:

They copied my pages - 5 of 'em, A4 - and asked for ...................... 0฿ (Zero baht), which I was quite happy to give them. Even got the 100฿ change from the 2000฿ I gave them to pay for the 1900 ฿ extension.

Probably because the officer that always used to forget to give change no longer works there.

we had to do the same thing for the renewal last week in Surat Thani, every passport page but only 2 months for the money plus one month waiting for the approval, only took us an hour all up as well

Edited by seajae

1 hour ago, mahtin said:

Probably because the officer that always used to forget to give change no longer works there.

You're wrong too. Same IO we've dealt with a number of times over the years. Always offers any change and occasionally she gets to keep it.