Thailand Pass: Were you alerted to do the self Covid test?

My wife and I recently came to Thailand using the Thailand Pass Test & Go system. While the initial versions of the website were far from perfect; I have to say the rest of the process has been smooth up to now. We already got our RT PCR nasal swab test and did our SHA+ hotel stay until that came back negative and now staying in our condo. However there is another step remaining. We each received the Covid self test packet below which states the Mo Chana app will alert us when to do this test. However it says day 6-7. Is it day 6 or 7? It can't be 2 more tests because only one test is included in the kit. We both registered for the app and it is running on our phones but if the app fails to alert us I'm not sure what I would need to do? Did anyone do this? What day did it alert you? Was it easy to upload? What happens after that? 

image.png

Should be done on day 6 or 7.

I've sent the negative result to the SHA+ hotel and got no response.

As i left from there they gave me zero instruction.

Seems that no one is interested anymore (as long as you are negative, maybe...)

btw  Morchana app is useless if you came in with a CoE

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mentors65 said:

Should be done on day 6 or 7.

I've sent the negative result to the SHA+ hotel and got no response.

As i left from there they gave me zero instruction.

Seems that no one is interested anymore (as long as you negative, maybe...)

Were you alerted by the app to do it and what day did you do it? If I don't receive any notice from the app I think I'll do the same as you, and send to the hotel on day 7

• Like 1

I was given the ATK test on check out of the SHA+ hotel and told to do it, take a picture and email them on day 6. Did that and never even got an aknowledgement. Hotel told me to download the MorChana app so I did but they did not help me register. No instructions on the ATK kit so looked up how to use it on YouTube. Seems that there really is no checking of the ATKs. Useful to know that you're still Covid negative but that's all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

Were you alerted by the app to do it and what day did you do it? If I don't receive any notice from the app I think I'll do the same as you, and send to the hotel on day 7

As i came in with CoE, Morchana App is not functional for me.

But i got the vaccines earlier in Thailand and i use the Morprom app. 

Zero alert from it too.

My advice, do the ATK test and keep a picture from the result.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

does the self test give results. that i see.   i wonder if the results showed me positive . that a person would send that info back tohotel to be put in a hospital for 14 nights

They would do a RT-PCR test to confirm or not confirm the ATK test since they can often be wrong.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They would do a RT-PCR test to confirm or not confirm the ATK test since they can often be wrong.

my point is that self test that i could see the results is kinda stupid. as if positive will i want to go to hostpital for 14 nights.  most people would just self isolate and not report ?

23 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

my point is that self test that i could see the results is kinda stupid. as if positive will i want to go to hostpital for 14 nights. 

You would not be sent to a hospital unless you had a positive RT-PCR swab test is what I was trying to tell you.

No sure where the 14 days often mentioned comes from,

• Like 1

On a somewhat related note my wife and I went to get Thai massages at a spa yesterday and to my surprise were both required to get Covid saliva antigen tests at the spa before starting. I nearly walked out, but since it was so close to our other recent test I rolled the dice expecting negative which is what we got. I know it is not the fault of the spa but I found this offensive and ridiculous. If positive or false positive my massage would turn into a 2 week hospital stay. Just not worth it. Is this how Thailand welcomes back tourists?

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wasabi said:

If positive or false positive my massage would turn into a 2 week hospital stay. Just not worth it. Is this how Thailand welcomes back tourists?

You would just need to get RT-PCR test as a follow up it was positive ATK antigen test. No trip to the hospital until you have a positive-PCR test.

Who says it is a mandatory 2 week stay in the hospital.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would just need to get RT-PCR test as a follow up it was positive ATK antigen test. No trip to the hospital until you have a positive-PCR test.

Who says it is a mandatory 2 week stay in the hospital.

True it'd be confirmed by the PCR test (likely at my own expense) but if then positive - straight to the hospital. Showing our vaccine cards should be enough. Testing constantly for routine activities is simply no way to welcome tourists and balance responsibilities. I won't repeat such activities til the testing is gone so Thailand will lose more than they save by doing this.

Edited by wasabi

On 11/24/2021 at 4:19 AM, internationalism said:

I was not given atk test, so one problem less.

I think test result was supposed to send back to hotel reception.

Same here. I arrived Wednesday morning this week.

I read you can upload the result to Mor Chana app (which I don't have) or send it to your hotel.