Covid Visa/Has it finished?

A filipino friend (single) arrived here 18 months ago and got a job (now quit). His idea was to head back to the Pines, but due to quarantine etc at both ends, he was stuck here and obtained a Covid visa. This runs out tomorrow, it seems!

What are his options? Can he now convert to an 0 visa for 60/90 days? Can he extend the Covid visa? Or will they throw him out now?

Thanks

Eddy

• Haha 1

Thanks. After that, can he ask for a further 60? He has met a lover and does not want to leave. Or can he fly out and fly in? I seem to have read that you cannot do 60/60/60 forever. He is of the impression that agents will get more 60s but it will cost 4500b.

Eddy

Edited by pauleddy
rxtra

11 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Thanks. After that, can he ask for a further 60? He has met a lover and does not want to leave. Or can he fly out and fly in? I seem to have read that you cannot do 60/60/60 forever. He is of the impression that agents will get more 60s but it will cost 4500b.

Eddy

As it stands this week is the end of issuing covid extensions.

Wait and see what happens after that.

Obtain the covid extension this week.. Tomorrow in fact

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it will still be available until they enough tourists to replace everybody that is getting them.

They were started to help businesses that were affected by the covid 19 pandemic.

Do you think its likely to be enough tourists by march ?.... even though the peak suppose to be in December - January ? 

2 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Do you think its likely to be enough tourists by march ?.... even though the peak suppose to be in December - January ? 

No I don't.

If the land borders were to open that might affect it being extended again.

4 minutes ago, freesudani said:

Everyone has an opinion. That's what forums are about.

Personally I believe that covid extensions will continue untill at least some land borders are open.

Along with simple entry into Thailand and other places via land. 

When will that occur? Would just be a guess.

• Like 1