Unique incentives used in some localities to encourage people to get vaccinated

snoop1130

fc51d6c9fc0496f10a1e8421229c3784_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - 2022 will be a year of intense booster dose administering, with health authorities aiming to prevent a drop in COVID-19 immunity levels. Meanwhile, a plethora of incentives is now being used in various localities to persuade people to come forth and get their Covid jabs.

Department of Disease Control (DDC) Director-General Opas Karnkawinpong asserted that Thailand will achieve herd immunity through vaccination next month. He expects booster dose administering to commence after New Year’s, with an aim of keeping immunity levels from dropping significantly. He said individuals should promptly get their booster shots when the proper time arrives.

Dr. Opas said inquiries have been made with the chief public health officers in the 10 provinces with the lowest rates of vaccination, such as Nakhon Phanom and Nong Khai. It was found that the low rates were partly due to many people who were registered residents of the provinces not actually living there and instead were working in Bangkok and could not be contacted. On this point, Dr. Opas noted that those who lived in Bangkok may make use of the walk-in service at the Central Vaccination Center in Bang Sue regardless of which province their home registrations fall under.

The director-general added that volunteers in provinces with low vaccination rates have been assigned to increasingly approach people at their doorsteps to encourage them to come forward and receive the vaccine. Some provinces are providing unique incentives, such as handing out rice, cattle, lotteries, and prize draws, to persuade people to get their Covid shots.

nnt.jpg

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, a plethora of incentives is now being used in various localities to persuade people to come forth and get their Covid jabs.

Maybe they'll offer 500 baht per jab, like they do to get your vote?

4 hours ago, elcaro said:

Are you? The odds are stacked against you mate. 

Best of luck.

Have a look on https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/ so you can have a look where your future might lie.

Screenshot_20211125-075800_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20211125-075824_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20211125-075655_Brave.jpg

According to worldmeters.info 25Nov 2021, the total number of covid cases around the world is 259,683,133 which is just about 3.46% of the world population, and that's over 2 years. 98% of those already recovered, so only 2% of all infected people died. That is 0.07% of the world population. 

The active cases around the world right now: 19,673,255. Out of those only 82,285 are in serious or critical condition. That's 0.4% of total active cases, and that is only 0.001% of the world population.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Governments published data UK, EU, US, Do you feel lucky?

513941838_yellowcardetc.jpg.925d44753c0850c96fbc22938a32ca50.jpg

i call <deleted> ... i looked at 2 of these  .. one is def antivax  and the other  is  quote

VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. Most reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. T

so thats a big  bs .. for me 

i didnt bother with the 3rd ..  

20 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

According to worldmeters.info 25Nov 2021, the total number of covid cases around the world is 259,683,133 which is just about 3.46% of the world population, and that's over 2 years. 98% of those already recovered, so only 2% of all infected people died. That is 0.07% of the world population. 

The active cases around the world right now: 19,673,255. Out of those only 82,285 are in serious or critical condition. That's 0.4% of total active cases, and that is only 0.001% of the world population.

Not sure what point you are making... I was replying to a post stating how dangerous vaccine was, so I wanted to make a comparison of the danger of a vaccine vs danger of covid.

2 hours ago, elcaro said:

Not sure what point you are making... I was replying to a post stating how dangerous vaccine was, so I wanted to make a comparison of the danger of a vaccine vs danger of covid.

My point was that although covid can cause serious illness and even death, numbers as reported by health organisations around the world suggest that serious illness and death only happens in a very small % of the world population and the panic from the virus has much more devastating effects on life. 

• Like 2

On the reported vaccine deaths - ALL deaths within 2 weeks of vaccination are reported (or should be) to VAERS. It doesn't have to be anything to do with the vaccine, it is so that any unexpected causes will be captured. Now, an individual has a daily risk of death from all causes of about one in twenty thousand - vaccinate one million - do the math -

1,000,000 divided by 20,000 = 50

50 x 14 = 700 deaths per million whether vaccinated or not. So for a country like the UK where about 50 million have been vaccinated, there will be about 35,000 potential deaths - totally unrelated to the vaccine. So a total of under 2,000 potentially related deaths (but may not be, just a cause similar to suspected adverse reactions) is incredibly low. And of course, 144,000 people HAVE died of (or if you prefer, with) Covid-19 in the UK. And if you look at the Covid Case/death rate, in the UK it was 2-3% pre- vaccination, now 0.3% - The benefits of vaccination are obvious.