Phu Khieo, Chaiyaphum New Farang

dannywla

Just days away from finishing my newly built home across from my mother in laws. Its sits on 16 by 45 meters is two stories and about 180 meters. I have met a few farangs in my past three years while staying in town.

I am looking forward to furnishing the structure, and wanted input, as to anyone who has bought from any manufactuers in Chang Mai. I would rather have that type of furniture vs Koncept or Index Mall.

It ads character!!

Also, high speed connection, must I have a phone line, or can I get my laptop to download via cellular?

I need to buy a system next month, and would like to know what my neighbors have done for highspeed internet.

Since I will be living in Thailand only 6-10 weeks a year, I prefer not to have a phone line.

My builder from Chumpae, is just days away from finishing the home.

My fellow Expats are welcome to join us for the celebration. For details please reply....

Danny

Santa Monica, California, USA

No mention of your wife here, do you have one?

If so, what does she want as furniture?

Dont want a phoneline? dont you trust family?

Bit more info and im sure you will get some good replys.

Thanks.

I'm living about 10 km outside of Chaiyaphum....

For furniture, I suggest getting it in Bangkok and then hiring a truck to haul it home. Check out the shopping centre called Fashion Island in North Bangkok which is about a 20 minute drive from the old airport.

I'm living about 10 km outside of Chaiyaphum....

For furniture, I suggest getting it in Bangkok and then hiring a truck to haul it home. Check out the shopping centre called Fashion Island in North Bangkok which is about a 20 minute drive from the old airport.

Loei province is good for traditional teak furniture and you will often see stalls with a fine selection at festivals in various Isaan towns. Other possibilities for solid wooden furniture within range of you are: (1) A large store on Highway 2 near Amphur Phon, which I think makes a lot of its own pieces at reasonable prices. (2) A large stall in the carpark of Big C, Khon Kaen, which sells teak furniture made in the local prison (good for big dining room tables).

Take a drive up to Phrae. They have hundreds of small shops that specialize in making furniture. The prices are VERY reasonable and the quality is quite good.