New Covid Extension deadline 25th Jan and Chiang Mai Immigration requirements

brobro2424

Short version: what documents are required by CM immigration for a Covid Extension

Longer:

My tourist visa started early October and today I planned to visit CM immigration to get the covid extension before the November 26th deadline, to give me 2 months of extension, rather than waiting until early December and getting 1 month of tourist visa extension.

I called Assist Visa company who informed me that I need to use a tourist visa extension before using the covid extension and that the deadline has now moved back to 25th January.

This seems to be confirmed here https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/visa/deadline-on-friday-to-apply-for-60-day-covid-visa-extension . In this article they mention that different immigration offices ask for different documents. Has anyone here applied for it in CM, and if so what did they ask for? Eg. residence certificate? Insurance Docs?

Many thanks

Indeed , you first have to get the normal 30 day tourist visa extension .

For the subsequent 60 day Covid extension you will need the normal things ; passport, photo , photocopies and you will also need a TM30 form .

Your accommodation provider (hotel, condo,) needs to register you at the TM30 immigration office (which is at the immigration airport office) and you need to submit that form .

Nothing else is required 

• Like 1

Previous poster is correct. Normal 30 day extension has to be done first.

There is another Covid specific form that asks you to confirm why you are asking for an extension.

There is a link to it somewhere on this forum but I am a dummy and can not find it.

Something to consider, when applying for a Covid extension at CM you initially get 15 days then the other 45 when you return. Mate did this yesterday and his extension started then, not added on to his original permission to stay date. A bit second hand info I know but just reporting what he said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

For the subsequent 60 day Covid extension you will need the normal things ; passport, photo , photocopies and you will also need a TM30 form .

Your accommodation provider (hotel, condo,) needs to register you at the TM30 immigration office (which is at the immigration airport office) and you need to submit that form .

Nothing else is required 

great, thanks

3 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Something to consider, when applying for a Covid extension at CM you initially get 15 days then the other 45 when you return.

thanks. Bit of a pain as im the other side of CM

3 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Mate did this yesterday and his extension started then, not added on to his original permission to stay date. A bit second hand info I know but just reporting what he said.

right....  good to know after reading different elsewhere. Exactly the type of quirk people need to be aware of.

Edited by brobro2424