CCSA advisor says Thailand’s COVID-19 situation has not yet improved

snoop1130

"Dr. Udom cited the situations in several European countries, where COVID-19 infections are rising rapidly, following the easing of restrictions and mass vaccinations, as he blamed the disease’s resurgence on complacency among their populations over such safety measures."

Yes of course, blame the peasants for behaving badly. Ignore the evidence that there is virtually zero correlation between restrictions and case rates throughout the world. It's a seasonal virus, it will flourish in cool European winters, just like the flu.

• Like 1

Interesting comment in the article...

He also said that the World Health Organization has recently warned of a new growth in the pandemic and said that countries using the AstraZeneca vaccine tend to see fewer severe cases than countries which used Pfizer as the main vaccine.

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Yet another indication on the current thinking to keep as many restrictions in place, for as long as possible, for as long as they can get away with it.

Yep. Another CCSA white-coated Govt mouthpiece talking himself up.  All the focus on "cases" and "infections", yet no real spike in hospitalizations or deaths. Please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Yep. Another CCSA white-coated Govt mouthpiece talking himself up.  All the focus on "cases" and "infections", yet no real spike in hospitalizations or deaths. Please.

Keeps him centre stage for a while longer, no doubt with more funding. Maintains the ramp up of fear and hysteria that allows those in power to tighten their grip. Meanwhile, the mindless majority are clamouring to continue being treated like sheep.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, roquefort said:

Keeps him centre stage for a while longer, no doubt with more funding. Maintains the ramp up of fear and hysteria that allows those in power to tighten their grip. Meanwhile, the mindless majority are clamouring to continue being treated like sheep.

You can't deny that Thailand is doing very much better than the UK in controlling the virus
I have only two relatives there. My cousin died of the virus and my nephew caught it and was very sick in spite of the fact that he had been vaccinated twice.

3 hours ago, roquefort said:

"Dr. Udom cited the situations in several European countries, where COVID-19 infections are rising rapidly, following the easing of restrictions and mass vaccinations, as he blamed the disease’s resurgence on complacency among their populations over such safety measures."

Yes of course, blame the peasants for behaving badly. Ignore the evidence that there is virtually zero correlation between restrictions and case rates throughout the world. It's a seasonal virus, it will flourish in cool European winters, just like the flu.

Flu cases have taken a dive because the population has in reaction to Covid been:

Wearing masks.

Washing hands.

Avoiding unnecessary travel and crowds

And getting vaccinated!

Correlation has been proven!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roquefort said:

I'm happy to be mindless and treated like sheep as long as I don't catch Covid and die of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

I'm happy to be mindless and treated like sheep as long as I don't catch Covid and die of it.

So if they banned all traffic from the roads on the grounds there are more deaths from road accidents than from Covid, you'd be OK with that too?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1