90 day report ??

In the early 1990s, I wasn't doing 90-day reports but a colleague working in the same place about 10 years was (Samutprakan immigration). When she saw that I wasn't doing them, she also stopped. Immigration then contacted our place of work to say that she'd missed one and would have to continue reporting. When we did our annual extensions, she had to supply the 90-day slip, while I didn't. 3-4 years later (roughly 1995-6), I was also told it would be required. A young guy who'd been in Thailand for a couple of years joined us for a while and he'd never heard of 90-day reports but had to start doing them in Samutprakan. When I moved to a new workplace in 2000, I was definitely told that the Bangkok office would require 90-day reports for annual extensions.   

• Thanks 1

Believe it started to be enforced in Bangkok about the same time as the WTC terrorist attack and appeared to be in response to various international terrorist activities.  So although nobody wanted to do it - it could not be ignored.  It was an upper floor room at Suanplu Immigration in those days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1