unbelieveable goings on in the US !

CharlieH

Not only that....many high end retailers are experiencing "smash and Grab" attacks by gangs of thieves over the past few months. They roll in with 5 or 10 people , clear out high end handbags/shoes/whatever and leave. Not much you can do and the police seem to arrive 5 minutes late every time.

It's going to mean the end of brick and mortar retailers eventually....can't violate their civil rights by stopping them either or you'll end up in court being sued for assault. Glad to be here....

Edited by tonray
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Not only that....many high end retailers are experiencing "smash and Grab" attacks by gangs of thieves over the past few months. They roll in with 5 or 10 people , clear out high end handbags/shoes/whatever and leave. Not much you can do and the police seem to arrive 5 minutes late every time.

It's going to mean the end of brick and mortar retailers eventually....can't violate their civil rights by stopping them either or you'll end up in court being sued for assault. Glad to be here....

I believe that California and a few other states have legalized theft of this sort by decriminalizing the purloining of other people's possessions if less than USD950.

Now that's what I call being progressive!! 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:10 AM, BritManToo said:

I would suggest the store security shoot them.

Shoot a black robber in the act of accumulating a down payment on the reparations he's believed he's owed -- naaa, in today's climate you'd be faced with too many civil rights charges. Remember, black lives matter means every street thug is immune from arrest, and for those who refuse to get in the squad car, police force, like a knee, are no longer allowed. Might as well 'defund the police' -- they're now impotent anyway.