Food Query

miltonbentley

Does anyone know if any of the butchers/supermarkets sell Oxtail? I have never seen it but someone may know different.

Also while we are on food can you buy ready made pastry in Chiang Mai.

Any enlightenment greatly appreciated.

Rimping have frozen imported Australian Ox tail. I bought some a while back to make ox tail soup, but can't remember the price, sorry. The also have packets of frozen pastry, both shortcrust and puff. You also might enquire at NFP, as I'm sure they would be able to fine you some fresh ox tail...MM

Does anyone know if any of the butchers/supermarkets sell Oxtail? I have never seen it but someone may know different.

The cold winter nights getting to you or just after some "comfort food"?

The Rimping has it and most of the Thai butchers will happily chop up a length of ox or buffalo tail for you. They may even wash and skin it first, although I have been told it adds texture to the soup and being English food will add to the taste :o

CB

The cold winter nights getting to you or just after some "comfort food"?

The Rimping has it and most of the Thai butchers will happily chop up a length of ox or buffalo tail for you. They may even wash and skin it first, although I have been told it adds texture to the soup and being English food will add to the taste :D

CB

:o Actually a request from a Chinese customer of all things. Not my thing at all