Under consideration stamp

Hi, I recently got a covid extention and as usual they gave me an under consideration stamp to return on Nov 29th, but they also gave me the stamp that allows me to stay until 21st Jan. So I just want to make sure that this means I don't have to return to the imigration office on the 29th? Screen shot of stamps below. Thanks

https://gyazo.com/5da90b7cb2960ecb7244d19805895439

Edited by AAIrons
  • Haha 1

It looks as being a mistake. The mistake will be they stamped also the permission of stay date, not the under consideration date as an under consideration stamp is a normal procedure. So, don't take any risk: go back on 29Nov (today). I suppose you are not living 1000km away from Immigration, so what is the problem? You only have to take your passport with you.

• Like 2

I had a similar thing with my marriage extension. I was due to do a 90 day report on 22nd November, also the date when my extension expired. I applied early, on 19th October so the new extension would dovetail with the expiry and they told me on the stamp in my passport to report back on 23rd December. They did not tell me not to bother with the 90 day report, which the paper they leave in your passport instructed.

I rolled up and was told not to bother with the report, so it was a wasted trip. And my extension will still apparently be approved a month or so past my expiry date and more than two months after I applied, which made applying in advance totally pointless. So, a pointless trip to them on 19th October to apply, and another pointless trip on 22nd November to do a 90 day report that I didn't need to do.