Trip Recommendations:. Rayong / Ranong / Phang-Na / Krabi / Trang / Songkla

dinga

As threatened, I'm now planning my next trip on the Mighty Enfield for a week or so in early January - this time to the South on a one-way ride, and return on the Songkla---Sattahip Ferry.

All suggestions / recommendations on routes, sights, accommodation, places to eat (etc) greatfully received.

Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, malathione said:

Sounds like a great trip and I hope you'll post whatever information you find here, as well. I'll certainly follow it. The ferry might be touch and go, hard to tell for now. 

Indeed - figure it's better to go early on the ferry lest it has a limited lifespan....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, dinga said:

UPDATE  -  just returned from the trip [total of 1,791 Kms travelled].

Day 1:     Rayong -->  Sam Roi Yot  [457 Kms].  Tedious until south of Hua Hin (especially coming through Bangkok) - then great scenery.  Stayed at Blue Beach Resort                 - recommended

Day 2:    SRY -->  Chumpon [290 Kms].  Stunning scenery around SRY- Phrya Nakhon Cave a highlight.  Stayed at Puen Jai Resort - recommended

Day 3:    Chumpon -->  Kamphuan [213 Kms].  Great ride but forced to leave Chumpon late due to an electrical problem - hence missed exploring the sights of                             Ranong.  Will return to do so.  Stayed at I-In Resort Kamphuan - recommended

Day 4:    Kamphuan -->  Ao Nang [225 kms].  Another great ride.  Stayed at The Palace, Ao Nang - recommended (don't be put off by the facade)

Day 5:    Ao Nang -->  Trang [268 Kms].  Nice moments along the coast and National Parks

Day 6:    Trang  --> Songkla [227 Kms].  Some nice moments but about half the trip in the dark (bike booked into the Enfield Dealer in Hat Yai at 9am to re-examine                     electrical issue).  Stayed at WSotel - recommended

Day 7/8:  Songkla --.  Sattahip by Ferry; then home to Rayong [110 Kms].  Ferry trip highly recommended - I'll certainly take it again.

Now thinking I can do one more trip in February - before the high temperatures arrive prior to the rains.   Am thinking maybe back to SRY and Ranong.  

Awesome! Thank you for the update.

• Like 1