Banks ATM and maximum withdrawals

Hi Everyone
Sorry if this has been asked before on other forums
Our local village SCB has been shut for a long time and how can one change a maximum amount to be withdrawn from the 20k limit now and believe one can do this via an ATM machine.
Thanks in advance for any help and appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

The maximum limit set by the ATM machine cannot be changed.

Many years ago someone at our now non existant bank and think they showed but perhaps the rules have changed since but thanks . Ohyesuare

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Youcant up the limit, but you can usually do seperate withdrawals.

The 20k is a limit per transaction, not a daily limit.

Yes, thought you could ages ago and yes a maximum of 20k a day which is what I can do and thanks Peter

2 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Two issues here;

His daily withdrawal limit, which he can probably change but may need to go into a bank branch to do it.

And the maximum that the ATM will dispense per transaction - can make more than one withdrawal if the daily limit is not exceeded.

Thanks doctormann and yes as I stated our local one shut down years ago

Just now, jwest10 said:

Thanks doctormann and yes as I stated our local one shut down years ago

You should be able to ring SCB head office and after going through a few security checks have them change your daily limit. I have mine at 100k baht and withdrawal 20,000 per transaction till I reach my limit, i.e. if I ever need too. 

18 minutes ago, doctormann said:

You may be able to do this at an ATM - not sure - but you will probably need an ATM from your own bank.  Easy enough to try anyway.

Thanks again and my thoughts and yeah unusual for me to want to take out more than 20k but maybe a one off ie a wedding.
Most of us would love to every day but most can't as not got a pot of gold. 

46 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can change your total daily limits (and all transaction limits) from the app

And from the SCB Easy Net internet banking.

Some SCB atm's have max 20,000 THB per transaction and others 30,000 THB

Edited by perconrad
More info
  • Like 1

I'm with Kasikorn, I've set my account (using the app) to allow ATM withdrawals of ฿60,000 a day. 

But. 

An ATM will only give me 30 notes, normally that's ฿30,000, but if it runs out of ฿1,000 notes and gives me ฿500's, it's ฿15,000.

So, if I need that ฿60,000, I have to use the ATM twice, or 4 times if it's out of ฿1,000's.

Use another bank's ATM if available.
I do that even when there is a queue at "my" ATM.

Four withdrawals per calendar month without extra fee.

K-Bank has many ATMs now spending 50k per transaction.

Krungsri usually 30k.

20k daily limit (related to your account) sounds unusally low. At Bangkok Bank is 50k.

Don't know whether I can raise it.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 11/30/2021 at 3:38 AM, jwest10 said:

Our local village SCB has been shut for a long time and how can one change a maximum amount to be withdrawn from the 20k limit now and believe one can do this via an ATM machine.

The maximum is depending of your card, some banks have a 20k baht limit per withdrawal, others have 25k baht limit. Also the daily maximum is depending of the card, it can for example be 100k baht, i.e. 4 or 5 maximum withdrawals. You can visit your bank branch to get help to get the maximum changed in your ATM-card...????

The limit is based on 2 things

Firstly the physical ATM, various machines have different limits based on the physical number of notes it can dispense at 1 time. This is for the oldest and smallest ATM's 20, and for the largest 50. It depends on the denomination of the notes available. So if 1,000 THB notes, 20,000 to 50,000

Secondly the limit you set for your account

Thirdly your "daily limit" which is set by you and the Bank, and the type of ATM card that you have (not a physical thing, a "product" thing). We set a daily max of 500,000 Baht for our card with the the highest product limit. 

Fourth how much cash you have ????

Pretty much all of this is true for the other Thai banks too. We all buy ATM's from the same companies.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 1:41 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that's not correct.   It's whatever you set it at, up to the bank's limit.   BBL max limit is B500,000 per day for ATM withdrawals.

There's two DIFFERENT things being discussed and sometimes confused here...

1. is the DAILY ATM card withdrawal limit that typically can be set to quite high amounts with the various Thai banks, either in person at the branch or via their apps or online banking. But that's an adjustable DAILY limit that applies per 24 hour period, no matter how many transactions have occurred during that day's cycle.

2. Entirely separate from that are the maximum PER WITHDRAWAL limits set by the various banks for their ATM machines. The largest PER WITHDRAWAL amounts for general Thai ATMs that I'm aware of are 30,000 baht for Krungsri/Ayudhya and what used to be TMB Bank.   Bangkok Bank (last time I checked) and some others have max 25K per withdrawals, others may vary.

Although, regarding SCB, I have seen them rolling out some new fangled styles of ATMs at least in some areas of BKK that claim to allow single withdrawals of up to 200,000 baht (200 1,000 baht bills). But I'd imagine those are not very commonly found still.

791088711_SCBATMCentralChidlom.thumb.jpg.f6c6fafdea07378b30894ae57c89868a.jpg

The OP seemed to be asking more about the PER WITHDRAWAL limit for ATM withdrawals.  There's no way to increase the maximum PER WITHDRAWAL amounts that the various Thai banks have set for their own ATMs.... But you can increase the maximum DAILY limit of all withdrawals as mentioned above.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's two DIFFERENT things being discussed and sometimes confused here...

1. is the DAILY ATM card withdrawal limit that typically can be set to quite high amounts with the various Thai banks, either in person at the branch or via their apps or online banking. But that's an adjustable DAILY limit that applies per 24 hour period, no matter how many transactions have occurred during that day's cycle.

2. Entirely separate from that are the maximum PER WITHDRAWAL limits set by the various banks for their ATM machines. The largest PER WITHDRAWAL amounts for general Thai ATMs that I'm aware of are 30,000 baht for Krungsri/Ayudhya and what used to be TMB Bank.   Bangkok Bank (last time I checked) and some others have max 25K per withdrawals, others may vary.

Although, regarding SCB, I have seen them rolling out some new fangled styles of ATMs at least in some areas of BKK that claim to allow single withdrawals of up to 200,000 baht (200 1,000 baht bills). But I'd imagine those are not very commonly found still.

791088711_SCBATMCentralChidlom.thumb.jpg.f6c6fafdea07378b30894ae57c89868a.jpg

The OP seemed to be asking more about the PER WITHDRAWAL limit for ATM withdrawals.  There's no way to increase the maximum PER WITHDRAWAL amounts that the various Thai banks have set for their own ATMs.... But you can increase the maximum DAILY limit of all withdrawals as mentioned above.

I know.

It's clear from his comments that he is referring to being able to withdraw more than his card limit currently allows, not what the bank sets their ATMs dispensing limit at...

" unusual for me to want to take out more than 20k but maybe a one off ie a wedding.
Most of us would love to every day but most can't as not got a pot of gold".