Cactus Tefl London

I am ready to book my CELTA course and have looked at various companies. Cactus look very good but does anyone have any experience of them. They offer courses in many places. I am looking at the Earls Court course

I am ready to book my CELTA course and have looked at various companies. Cactus look very good but does anyone have any experience of them. They offer courses in many places. I am looking at the Earls Court course

Why don't you do an online course? Lots cheaper and it is accepted in most places.....

Google to find.....

Why don't you do an online course? Lots cheaper and it is accepted in most places.....

Google to find.....

You'll be lucky to find a school in Chiang Mai that accepts an online course. One or two of the iffy language schools won't care.

• 1 month later...
Why not wait until you get to Bangkok, the Tefl courses are cheaper and often come with job opportunities. Certainly it is a good way to network while you study
Likewise, unless you're already in London and have your lodgings paid for, Chiang Mai and Phuket would also work, and most of the courses would teach you how to teach Thai youngsters, unless you'll only be teaching adults.

Thanks that is good advice. As it happens just before I sent the deposit for the London course I was offered a consultancy job which will continue until September. This will give me one month before coming to Thailand but I want to spend that travelling around Europe with my wife.

So it looks like I will be doing my CELTA in Bangkok.

The question is; what school?? I think I will start a new thread for this.

Edited by sgunn65

You can start one, but I don't think it will go anywhere new. Do a search on "TEFL course" and you'll find about 50 threads asking the same question, with all the same comments, all ending indeterminately. I don't know a single person on Earth who has taken *two* TEFL courses to make a direct comparison of them. Read what people say about the courses that they took, and take their advice on board as you shop around and make your own decisions on the matter.

"Steven"

You can start one, but I don't think it will go anywhere new. Do a search on "TEFL course" and you'll find about 50 threads asking the same question, with all the same comments, all ending indeterminately. I don't know a single person on Earth who has taken *two* TEFL courses to make a direct comparison of them. Read what people say about the courses that they took, and take their advice on board as you shop around and make your own decisions on the matter.

"Steven"

Good point, well made.

I am always interested in peoples personal experiences which can form the basis for my decision making. But I am not going to blindly go where I am pointed. Hopefully I can avoid the cowboys and idiots.