Listening practice for non beginners

JackGats

Listening to that, it is rather rare and a pleasant treat.

That skit is around Advanced-Beginner level but she's speaking a little slow so it needs to be adjusted to 1.5x speed on YouTube settings to be more realistic.

It's a shame she gives the explanation beforehand in English. It's crucial to pick up from the Thai, the gist of the skit.  

All in all, very good of her.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 9:31 AM, JackGats said:

Transcripts are available in copy and pastable format (unlike many youtube vids where you see the Thai script for a fraction of a second but no way to copy it onto Google translate for analysis).

YT subs can usually be downloaded, e.g. using New Pipe for Android.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you that is just what I need. ผมจะเลือกฟัง Grace พูดตลอดวันเพราะเขาพยายามให้คนฟังเข้าใจเรื่องที่เขาเล่า

I tried the site and it appears that courses are not available now. 
learning Thai using Thai is exactly what I want. 

Edited by tgeezer
Addendum

• 2 weeks later...

Another lady posting some interesting free listening content aimed right at intermediate level. There's a link to get the transcript (it gets send to your email in google.doc format). 

Edited by JackGats
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a way of quickly selecting my learning/listening material: I click on a podcast at 3 random intervals, if I hear English/Thaiglish 2 or 3 times out of 3 I blacklist it. At intermediate or advanced level what you need is Thai, Thai and Thai (with the possible exception of subtitles).

This lady has good advanced listening material. There are only a dozen or so advanced listening sequences but they include the transcript in the comments. The topics are interesting in their own right, like here below the rise of coffee shops in Thailand.

• Thanks 1