Palm Growers to Tolerate B7 Diesel for 4 Months Only

snoop1130

a13-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 1 (TNA) – Oil palm growers will let the government limit the diesel formula to B7 for four months only and afterwards three formulas of diesel must be restored.

Representatives of the Federation of Oil Palm Growers in Thailand arrived at the Energy Ministry to send a letter of their stance to tolerate the availability of only B7 diesel for four months (from Dec 1 to March 31) and demand the restoration of three diesel products namely B7, B10 and B20 in the market afterwards.

Oil palm growers will make their movement unless the government’s Energy Policy Administration Committee (EPAC) responds positively to the demand, they said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-834989

tnalogo.jpg

3 hours ago, seedy said:

The rich rape the land, displace the people, wreck the environment - all with Gov't approval

Insanity

please name countries that are different?

Edited by wombat
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, shady86 said:

All diesel sold are biofuels, B7 with 7% palm oil, b20 with 20%. Palm is actually more expensive per liter than pure diesel but the gov subsidies them all these while until it's not sustainable anymore. 

Does this mean that when I put regular diesel in my truck, I am actually putting B20 in?

I won't use B7 because it is more expensive that what, I assumed, was regular diesel. I always go to the pump that just says 'diesel' in Thai script. The attendants always try to redirect me to the B7 pump which was, until recently, about 3 baht or 10% dearer. I assumed they were trying to upsell me.

6 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Does this mean that when I put regular diesel in my truck, I am actually putting B20 in?

I won't use B7 because it is more expensive that what, I assumed, was regular diesel. I always go to the pump that just says 'diesel' in Thai script. The attendants always try to redirect me to the B7 pump which was, until recently, about 3 baht or 10% dearer. I assumed they were trying to upsell me.

"Diesel" is B10

Diesel B7/B20 are what they say

I wonder what the palm growers will do if the government decides to do this for more than 4 months. Will they emigrate together with their palm trees?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Actually regular diesel is B10, changed from B7 recently. The gov is trying to support the local palm industry by encouraging more palm content in diesel fuel and subsidies them to make B10 and B20 cheaper to help the palm industries. Most diesel trucks and European diesel don't support B10/B20. If your car is compatible with B10 then just use it since it's cheaper. 

Probably very different fuel but I had to sort a BMW 325d that had been run on bio-diesel long term - until it eventually stopped after the owner started it following a 2 week hoilday and refused to start again. Everything in the fuel system, injectors, injection pump, fuel pump, pipes - even the tank, was gummed up and the only thing that would remove it without damage was petrol and a lot of hours.

It may have been ex chip shop oil, no idea but that experience put me right off bio-diesel.

• Like 1