Jump to content

Valid RT-PCR test by "saliva" analisys?


swissie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Friend will visit Thailand soon. He will have to get a RT-PCR test before.


Test-Center will do a test based on "saliva" analisys. Will this produce a test that qualifies for  an internationally accepted RT-PCR certificate?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting question - can I add a rider?

 

Can you do a self RT-PCR test at home and send to the lab for analysis? Is it accepted by Thailand? I read that some countries (don't know which) insist you go to a clinic to be tested.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a saliva RT-PCR test from a lab at Zurich airport (in the Radison Blue hotel), the document said "RT-PCR - Upper Respiratory Specimen", and it was accepted by all involved parties. This was back at end of July 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

I had a saliva RT-PCR test from a lab at Zurich airport (in the Radison Blue hotel), the document said "RT-PCR - Upper Respiratory Specimen", and it was accepted by all involved parties. This was back at end of July 2021.

Long time ago. Today it can take up to 24 hours to get the result  of the Test. When wanting to travel, it can get somewhat "tight at the Airport", especially if the "vality" of the certificate will be reduced from 72 hourd to 48 hours In Switzerland , starting next Monday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, swissie said:

Long time ago. Today it can take up to 24 hours to get the result  of the Test. When wanting to travel, it can get somewhat "tight at the Airport", especially if the "vality" of the certificate will be reduced from 72 hourd to 48 hours In Switzerland , starting next Monday.

Most airports in the states have the saliva PCR test. one hr wait, costly $250 US

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am confident, that "sheryl" will sort it out, with regard to the fundamental question:


Valid RT-PCR test by "saliva" analisys? Yes/No. Internationally accepted even at BKK Airport?. Yes or no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, swissie said:

I am confident, that "sheryl" will sort it out, with regard to the fundamental question:


Valid RT-PCR test by "saliva" analisys? Yes/No. Internationally accepted even at BKK Airport?. Yes or no?

I have already given you the answer. IT IS VALID, IT IS A RT-PCR TEST . I entered Thailand with such a test. And at Zurich airport, there are now several providers who offer RT-PCR test results in 3-5 hours via Mail including certificate, and you even can make an appointment, so you don't have to wait in line. 

Don't make something complicated that is not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...