Valid RT-PCR test by "saliva" analisys?

swissie

Interesting question - can I add a rider?

Can you do a self RT-PCR test at home and send to the lab for analysis? Is it accepted by Thailand? I read that some countries (don't know which) insist you go to a clinic to be tested.

I had a saliva RT-PCR test from a lab at Zurich airport (in the Radison Blue hotel), the document said "RT-PCR - Upper Respiratory Specimen", and it was accepted by all involved parties. This was back at end of July 2021.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

I had a saliva RT-PCR test from a lab at Zurich airport (in the Radison Blue hotel), the document said "RT-PCR - Upper Respiratory Specimen", and it was accepted by all involved parties. This was back at end of July 2021.

Long time ago. Today it can take up to 24 hours to get the result  of the Test. When wanting to travel, it can get somewhat "tight at the Airport", especially if the "vality" of the certificate will be reduced from 72 hourd to 48 hours In Switzerland , starting next Monday.

5 minutes ago, swissie said:

Long time ago. Today it can take up to 24 hours to get the result  of the Test. When wanting to travel, it can get somewhat "tight at the Airport", especially if the "vality" of the certificate will be reduced from 72 hourd to 48 hours In Switzerland , starting next Monday.

Most airports in the states have the saliva PCR test. one hr wait, costly $250 US

6 minutes ago, swissie said:

I am confident, that "sheryl" will sort it out, with regard to the fundamental question:

Valid RT-PCR test by "saliva" analisys? Yes/No. Internationally accepted even at BKK Airport?. Yes or no?

I have already given you the answer. IT IS VALID, IT IS A RT-PCR TEST . I entered Thailand with such a test. And at Zurich airport, there are now several providers who offer RT-PCR test results in 3-5 hours via Mail including certificate, and you even can make an appointment, so you don't have to wait in line. 

Don't make something complicated that is not.