Any drone shops which do the entire registration process?

I've read that some of the DJI drone shops in BKK will do the entire registration process for you. Does anyone have any experience of this? At the moment, my nearest dealer is a Big Camera store. The staff in there were not very knowledgeable about the whole process. I'm wondering if a dedicated shop would be more helpful.

Can do it yourself, as it's quite easy.  I registered 3 of mine, couple years back, though didn't do the CAAT part, as cameras were detachable, and I had no desire to insure my drones.  Quite a silly exercise if an experienced operator, or non professional.

Fill in the blanks form.  google 'Richard Barrow Drone registration', and should give more than enough info for you do to yourself.

But yes - to answer your question - the DJI shops will help you with the registration process - or will give you the correct forms to complete , and in true Thai tradition , there are different forms for farangs! 

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, Maybe I'll do it myself. If there's anyway of avoiding dealing with bureaucracy, I'll always take it, but this sounds as thought it's not too bad.

13 hours ago, G Rex said:

and in true Thai tradition , there are different forms for farangs! 

I asked the guy in Big Camera if you can legally fly the drone before you have received the registration. My guess is that you can't

-"Yes you can fly it, but only in certain places".

-"In which places?"

-"You have to look"

-"Look for what?"

-"You have to look".

-"korp kun krap"

• Haha 1