About TV Pub Forum: All I can say is that....You Gave me the Love...the Love that I Never Had. I love TV.

GammaGlobulin

My Dear Friends,

One poster asked me why I do not post on other posters' posted topics.  The answer is that I am not sure that I am welcome to do so.  And, I do not wish to intrude by commenting when or where I am not welcome.

Far better to just post my own topic, and then comment on it, I thought.

Point in case:  So, now, I just want to express my appreciation and gratitude for having this downright righteous TV forum, anytime we might need it.  And, as you know, sometimes, all us guys DO need such a great forum, from time to time, if only to protect our sanity, during times of loneliness, or times of great triumph, or just times of immense boredom.

And so, what I am suggesting is that any decent forum should have a decent THEME SONG, an easily identifiable theme song which sums up what we are all about.

My suggestion is to just use this tune from Frampton.

I have always loved Frampton, from his younger days.

Also, I think he is OK, these days.

And so, can the Farang Pub adopt Frampton's single song as ours, forever, and ever?

Frampton correctly states:  You gave me the love, love that I never had.  This is so very true of TV, in my opinion.

Just a suggestion.

Also, I think that Frampton reminds us what it was like to be young, in case we have now forgotten.

Take care.

• Sad 1

During the past almost 10 years I have been reading this forum, I have seen good friends come and go.

You know them by their writing, even though, in some cases, their names have frequently changed.

As old as we are, it is only to be expected that some of the writers here have passed beyond this world, most likely to live in the netherworld, where they will find even greater happiness, and from such a world in which they are, no doubt, still looking down upon us with a smirk.

In all of TV-dom, the land of TV, the older posters of years gone by who once posted here with great humor, I would say, are like the old farm animals in Orwell's great novel, Animal Farm.

Orwell, if only he had lived long enough, would have happily posted here on TV.

This is just a feeling I have, yet I am sure my feeling rings true.

There is no doubt that TV is the greatest forum for thinking individuals, and that the Farang Pub is at the apex of TV.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

31 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Mate, if TV has become your wife, lover, your whole world, you need a slap and some time away from the keyboard. Seriously. I've been posting here since 2004 in various incarnations (never banned). There are some phvki5g lunatics in the farang community, many of whom take pleasure in reading the suffering of others. There are some decent folk here, and we all need an outlet, but TV is not a very nice place.

My alternative thought, my friend, is that 95 to 96 percent of people who post here are quite caring of others.

For example, I have never experienced a negative comment directed at me which caused me any harm.

In most cases, "seemingly derogatory" or cutting comments are posted, most obviously, tongue in cheek. These comments always seem both humorous and helpful to me.

Also, fortunately for me, on this forum, I have, not even once, encountered a lunatic.

TV is, in my opinion, a nice place.

And, as you know, "decent folk" are the very ones who, sometimes, do most harm.

I never take pleasure in reading the suffering of others, not even fictionally, in reading books like Les Misérables.

Not even once, on this forum, have I ever been subjected to attack or ridicule.

My Conclusion:  TV is actually a very nice place.  And, also, there is no other place like TV.  Maybe, it's a matter of taste.  If you have a bit of taste, then TV is for you.

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2021 at 4:15 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

My alternative thought, my friend, is that 95 to 96 percent of people who post here are quite caring of others.

For example, I have never experienced a negative comment directed at me which caused me any harm.

In most cases, "seemingly derogatory" or cutting comments are posted, most obviously, tongue in cheek. These comments always seem both humorous and helpful to me.

Also, fortunately for me, on this forum, I have, not even once, encountered a lunatic.

TV is, in my opinion, a nice place.

And, as you know, "decent folk" are the very ones who, sometimes, do most harm.

I never take pleasure in reading the suffering of others, not even fictionally, in reading books like Les Misérables.

Not even once, on this forum, have I ever been subjected to attack or ridicule.

My Conclusion:  TV is actually a very nice place.  And, also, there is no other place like TV.  Maybe, it's a matter of taste.  If you have a bit of taste, then TV is for you.

Do you know how to spell "naïve"?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, sipi said:

Try opening a thread in the regional forums.

You'll be attacked by a pack of mongrel soi dogs.

Tried it.

And, you are correct.

Therefore, no need to do so, ever again.

(Too many biting comments, as you predicted....)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:47 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

TV will never get old.

TV will only get better.

We will all live FOREVER.

There is no doubt.

Ok, you have  a unique way of posting...I don't care, just thanks for that clip of Frampton and Clapton, as a guitarist of 50 years of which 49 years have been fruitless that rendition was priceless. Thank you.

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

Ok, you have  a unique way of posting...I don't care, just thanks for that clip of Frampton and Clapton, as a guitarist of 50 years of which 49 years have been fruitless that rendition was priceless. Thank you.

So obviously, Clapton and Frampton enjoyed their time on stage, together, this time.

Yes, it was priceless and unique.

Don't thank me...just thank these two for their great performance.

Priceless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

... or like Norman Bates having a conversation with his Mother.

Norman_Bates_in__Psycho__(1960).jpg

I am sure that Hitchcock would tell you that, in your sentence case, the word, mother, should not be capitalized.

Even someone like Norman would have known this.

It's like this:

I had a conversation with my mother.

I had a conversation with Mother.

Can you see the difference?

Now, please go take a shower.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am sure that Hitchcock would tell you that, in your sentence case, the word, mother, should not be capitalized.

No -- he's dead.

However as long as we're in grammar-police mode, I should have written:

... or like Norman Bates having a conversation with his 'Mother'.

Edited by jerrymahoney