Roojai a few years on.....anyone make a claim?

Kenny202

I switched to Roojai must be three years ago when they first came out. Was pretty efficient sign up etc. Only thing really annoys me is how they start trying to collect their premium every year about 3 months before due, bombarding you with claims. Other thing I find odd about them my vehicle getting old (now 2014 model Isuzu 4wd) but the cover is still the same at 500k baht, and the premiums creeping up every year?

has anyone made a claim on them? How was the experience? Any problems?

No clams as I have 10,000 baht excess on claims made by me to get it much cheaper and I can pay over 10 months with my credit card. 

I use them because they gave a bigger right off fiqure than the original first free insurance cover at half the annual cost. 

As always it's nice to have 1st class but hope nothing happens. ????

they only have to collect premium months in advance if you want to pay in installments, if you pay up front the whole amount you can pay 1 day before the insurance lapse.

My wife crashed into a motorcycle last year (her fault, but the bloody bike had no lights on) their rep came and help sort things out at the cop shop satisfactory, including hospital visit to the injured rider plus many negotiation. but these rep that come to surveys are subcontractor whose service is available to more than one brand of insurance. at least Roojai or Krungthai, the actual insurer subcontract to a pretty decent outfit. Only more expensive insurer like Viriya has their own office and staff in almost every province. Now that we had a claim, next year's premium no longer has any no claim discount, if we were to switch we could have cheaper insurance, but the convenience of staying with them is not worth the hassle shopping around and dealing with new agents.

I was skeptical with Roojai at first, the actual insurer Krungthai is middle tier at best and is not known for service unlike the top brands like Viriya, Southeast or Bangkok Insurance, and being essentially agent for only 1 insurance company they don't offer multiple insurance to choose from unlike other agents, but their ease of dealing was good enough

• Like 1