Increased levels of PM2.5 particles can be spreading Covid 19 and other virusses

Xonax

The many cars, busses and trucks spewing black diesel smoke in Bangkok and other cities in Thailand, is not only bad for your respiratory system. According to international researchers, increased levels of PM2.5 particles can cause a range of health problems, from heart disease to cancer. The PM2.5 have also been shown to carry virusses including (SARS-CoV-2) Covid 19 virus particles and fuel a further spread of Covid 19 virus.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cutting-diesel-exhaust-could-lessen-covid-spread-in-cities/

Edited by Xonax
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Yup, i've been using a 3m respirator with p100 filters. This is very useful. Works very well. I think there is an even better filter for smog. I always put it on when i walking around Bangkok, especially the main roadways. You can figure that a main road way has 2-3x the amount of toxins in the air compared to the side streets at least in Banglampu. A major problem is lack of pollution control in the vehicles. Too many scooters too. Useful for covid, everyone stares at me even more than usual. lol. It is actually more comfortable than those fabric masks.  btw, have you noticed that those masks n94 are also filled with toxic chemical from the melting process in manufacturing?  You need to wash them before you wear them.

Your skin will absorb a lot of toxins from the air too. Good idea is to cover up as much as possible, hat, arm wear etc. Then scrub your skin down to remove all the build up of chemicals.

I was just in Kathmandu and Baktapur. Unbelievable amount of smog. I was only in Kathmandu for 18 hours, took the taxi to Baktiapur. Blankets of smog everywhere. All my cloths absolutely stank. Even my backpack and things inside. Lucky you don't live there, the whole country is bad.

You do not want to live anywhere north of Surathani in Thailand during the smog season, it will not be worth it. Worse as you get older. As we learnt with covid : your lungs are actually outside of your body. Once those particles get lodged in your lungs they may never get out. You will regret it when you are older, i've had some damage already. Believe me it is an unpleasant feeling when your chest clamps up. Asbestos is around building sites too...