3BB Internet Down - Monday 2am

JetsetBkk

Anyone else have no internet last night - Monday 6 Dec, about 2 am?

I was on the mobile phone watching a Youtube video from a link in an email, and it just stopped playing. At the bottom of the Youtube page it said "No connection".

My phone normally shows the Wi-Fi signal on the top edge, but then it had a small ":4G" symbol instead.

At one point a message appeared stating something about "1 MB Data Exceeded", or something like that. 

But now, this morning, it appears to be all working again.

1 hour ago, bobandyson said:

Happened at about 2:30am for me. Also same thing occurred the night before around the same time.

Didn't see anything about 4G or data usage.

Yes, you're dead right. I took this screen image while I was trying to capture the "1 MB Data Exceeded" message, but it had gone, so I did a quick Google and captured this instead:

1064351252_2021_12_6_2_35_10400crop.jpg.09f5e08d6f754f39cba4c7de7b3aceca.jpg

... and that file is dated 02:35 am.

I think 4G is a mobile phone technology that my mobile phone has that allows internet connection, and my phone switched to it automatically when the WiFi was down. My phone is very old - a "OnePlus 2".

I also think I need a "Data Plan" agreement with 3BB, but only IF I want to use the phone to access the internet outside of a WiFi area. The warning about "1 MB Data Exceeded" (or whatever it was) means I hit the maximum allowed data downloaded from the internet after my phone switched from WiFi to "Mobile Data". I Googled about it and found this:

"Default  settings can catch also catch many users with new smartphones unaware.  A phone’s default setting might be, for example, to switch to mobile data automatically when the device moves out of Wi-Fi range or to use mobile data in conjunction with Wi-Fi for more bandwidth. A user’s failure to switch the phone to Wi-Fi when it’s available can also result in unexpectedly high mobile bills."

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/data-plan-mobile-data-plan

So, I'm guessing 3BB were working on their system and it was off for a few hours. Maybe there's a notification about that somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

• 3 months later...

And 3 months later....

It just went of for a few hours - is back now.

I lost my IPTV service on both Android boxes, my phone wouldn't do any Google searches, its SpeedTest app couldn't find a Service provider... but now it's all back.

And the only result when searching for "3BB Down" is this thread!