Cell phone provider

Kenneth White

Does that provider have another shop nearby that you could try?

Unless you have a really old phone, running on 2G, which I think is already phased out with some providers, or repurposed, I can't see why you would need to change your phone.

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2021 at 7:26 AM, phetphet said:

Does that provider have another shop nearby that you could try?

Unless you have a really old phone, running on 2G, which I think is already phased out with some providers, or repurposed, I can't see why you would need to change your phone.

I have a Galaxy 4g. 

On 12/6/2021 at 11:50 PM, Kenneth White said:

Recently I visited my cell phone provider, needing more giga bites, and inquired about upgrading my plan, I was told that I needed to purchase a new phone. Anyone have similar experience's? It seems odd that they can't use my existing phone and just update my plan.

How much are you paying currently and with which network?

Are you open to obtain a new SIM and number? Is your current phone Single or Dual SIM?

12 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

How much are you paying currently and with which network?

Are you open to obtain a new SIM and number? Is your current phone Single or Dual SIM?

AIS, 600B up. No, not at all the only person that has my number is my wife. Changing my number would not be a problem.

2 hours ago, Kenneth White said:

AIS, 600B up. No, not at all the only person that has my number is my wife. Changing my number would not be a problem.

If AIS reception is good for you and you are happy to stick with them, they have some unlimited data offers currently(so you don't need to worry about the amount of GBs, since they won't ever run out on these packages); 

Unlimited data capped at a speed of 4 Mbps @150 baht per month

Unlimited data capped at a speed of 10 Mbps @200 baht per month

Unlimited data capped at a speed of 20 Mbps(Available only in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pathum Thani, Chanthaburi, Tak, Phuket, Chonburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Rayong, Chumphon, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Lopburi, Chiang Rai, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan@300 baht per month

You can apply unlimited AIS to AIS calls for free. Unlimited any network calls another 59 baht per month.

To qualify to subscribe to any of these packages; you need to obtain a new AIS SIM and to apply the package within seven days of activating the new SIM.

No need for a new phone. 

Obviously between yourself and the staff member concerned there was some confusion about you wanting a 5G plan.

These packs are accessible via 4G, so no issues with using your current device. Forget about asking at the AIS shops or service centres, as they don't know about these plans. Just get the 50 baht SIM from them.

There are cheaper options from the other networks, but if you are happy with the speeds and reception with AIS; it's a good reason to stay.

Alternatively, AIS also have a capped speed(10 Mbps) and capped data(100 GB per month) package(Marathon SIM) lasting for one year for a one time payment of 1550 baht and 1790 baht.

This includes 100 GB of capped speed data per month, unlimited AIS to AIS calls(30 minutes per call and then hang up to dial again) and 60 minutes per month of calls to any network. All for as little as 130 baht per month.

So limited data or unlimited data; it's your choice.

• Thanks 1