Shipping Kayak ?

Robert Merrell

The wife and I once shipped a water tank that we weren't using up to the in-laws in Issan via a moving truck. The old guy came over, we loaded the tank in the back of his truck and away he went, it arrived a few days later as he had other deliveries to pick-up/drop off.  The wife found them on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/TruckMoveThailandService/

• Like 1

Actually, the Kerry should do it, no need to scare them by something they do not know. Important is to tell them dimension and weight.

If not Kerry, there are many others, just to ask people who know what is available in your locality.

One of the biggest is Nim See Sang, travelling to most of province towns, taking any bulk. 

Another is Buntaman. etc.  

Does it fit in the back of a pickup truck so that the doors can still be closed?

half-dry-freight_half-body_cargo-half_dry-freight-frp_pickup_kerry-express_half-cargo_carryboy-2.jpg.464a8e8d7bec690397b0a8afb6c4850c.jpg

If it doesn't fit, then that's obviously the main problem for the companies.

Maybe the post office offers a post office to post office service, like they do for motorbikes, this would then come with a bigger truck.

• Like 1

Lots of good replies here, but just as an option I bet you could get a song tao driver to strap it down and make the trip.  We stopped a song tao on Suk in Pattaya once and asked him to take us to Koh Chang and he smiled, told us the fare and off we went, all the way to the ferry with no issues.  

• Like 1

Kerry will not take it.  I have ordered an outboard motor online and the only delivery option was DHL bulk goods.  You can try them.

As a genuine alternative, I will paddle the kayak from Pattaya to Trat myself if you pay 100,000 baht to an orphanage here in my village.  The trip will be covered here on a dedicated thread to maintain transparency.

And no I am not kidding...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, action said:

Lots of good replies here, but just as an option I bet you could get a song tao driver to strap it down and make the trip.  We stopped a song tao on Suk in Pattaya once and asked him to take us to Koh Chang and he smiled, told us the fare and off we went, all the way to the ferry with no issues.  

Then you could paddle it over to Koh Chang. :cheesy:

2 hours ago, warrima said:

The Post Office will. As soon as the Mrs thinks ive forgotten we have something - she ships it off to Isaan. Been all sorts over the years from fridges to sofas. Last casualty was my 49" tv from the bedroom. Says we never use it - off it went before i could say but....

Goodness! Don't stand still for too long mate otherwise you might get shipped off too lol ????????????????

Good ol' Thai Post ... I've shipped bikes, motor scooters, surfboards (large and small), paintings, women (porky pie???? ... also large and small) .... just make sure plenty of bubble wrap and fragile stickers in Thai and English. 

The Thai rail will ship long objects but there are no railway services in this area.

Very interested whether you can manage to move it in the end. I'm going with a kayak from Samui to Ko Chang later next year, but I have a foldable kayak which the buses  and the trains take.

10 hours ago, action said:

Did you have a 5 metres+ kayak with  you?

On 12/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, CharlieH said:

Tried the post office ? They move most things.

This is what I get from the post office web site....the way I read it max length is 3m, most kayaks are way longer.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/un/article_detail/product/561/64

"Delivering large items by mail"

details :
Bulk cargo service Or special shape suitable for transporting heavy goods or large packages. which can be deposited and waited to be paid at the post office that is convenient for the recipient There is a system to track and check items with the Track & Trace system or via smart phone with the Track & Trace application and the website. www.thailandpost.com

condition :
  1. Accepting weight from 20-200 kg.
  2. The size does not exceed 150 x 200 x 150 centimeters (Width x Length x Height) on each side. If one side exceeds the specified height, an additional fee will be charged as follows: - The size of one side exceeds 100. cm. but not more than 150 cm. Additional fee will be charged at 300 baht/pc. - Size on one side exceeds 150 cm. but not over 200 cm. Fee will be charged at 500 baht/pc. - Size on one side exceeds 200. cm. but not more than 300 cm., an additional charge of 1,000 baht/piece 
  3. Delivery standard arrives quickly within 2 - 4 business days.
  4. The service fee is based on the weight or volume of the consigned items. (either one) and the distance to deliver the goods
  5. In the case of finished goods such as televisions, refrigerators, motorcycles, etc., the rates as specified by the Post Office will apply.
  6. Delivered to the recipient's address for every piece.