Non O visa?

I recently returned to Thailand on a new non o visa and it is valid for 90 days. Do I have to wait until the last month of the valid 90 days to apply for an extension based on marriage? I already meet all other needs such as seasoned money etc..   Thank you

I notice the TM87 form for the 90-day Type-O Visa application, has a line in it that says " reason (s) for application "  which one must fill in?

I'm curious, what do most expats (who intend to retire in Thailand and decide to go the Type-O route) put in that line in the TM97? 

Do they type "retirement"  (even thou this is only a 90-day visa) ?

Going off at a slight tangent.  If you entre Thailand on a 90 day non immigrant O visa - say three weeks after the start date on the visa.  What is the date that Immigration would stamp in your passport as the final day you can remain.  Is it:

a) the final date shown on the 90 day visa; or

b) 90 days from the actual date that you entered Thailand.

I hope this is clear.  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Gents, sorry to jump in on this one…back in 2019 I applied for and was granted a non O visa based on being over 50, this was from the Thai consulate in Hull, the criteria for the visa was being over 50 and being able to show at least £10,000 in your bank account over a 6 month period, I drove to Hull and they put the visa in my passport while I waited, the visa was valid for 90 days from date of entry into Thailand, well covid struck before I could fly and the rest is history, needless to say I never got to use the visa, I want to apply for the same visa again, but I can’t find it in the Thai embassy in London web site, have they removed it or am I not looking hard enough?  I will add that I don’t want the non immigrant  ‘O-A’ based on retirement or the non ‘O’ based on marriage because I’m not married. Any help much appreciated gentlemen 

6 minutes ago, essex boys said:

Gents, sorry to jump in on this one…back in 2019 I applied for and was granted a non O visa based on being over 50, this was from the Thai consulate in Hull, the criteria for the visa was being over 50 and being able to show at least £10,000 in your bank account over a 6 month period, I drove to Hull and they put the visa in my passport while I waited, the visa was valid for 90 days from date of entry into Thailand, well covid struck before I could fly and the rest is history, needless to say I never got to use the visa, I want to apply for the same visa again, but I can’t find it in the Thai embassy in London web site, have they removed it or am I not looking hard enough?  I will add that I don’t want the non immigrant  ‘O-A’ based on retirement or the non ‘O’ based on marriage because I’m not married. Any help much appreciated gentlemen 

it is here on the London embassy website halfway down the page here. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?

page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

You will have to apply for the visa on the e visa website. https://thaievisa.go.th/

• Like 2

Thanks ubonjoe for the reply, I clicked on that link and I can see the non O visa information but as soon as I click on it the page reverts to the Thai embassy London homepage in thai language, when I click on English as the language, the homepage changes again…I had a look on the e-visa section and it doesn’t appear to have the non O for over 50, it appears to be only for visiting family or partners…I’m using an iPad so maybe the Thai embassy site doesn’t work properly with Apple software?

@redarmy , I can do that but I want to apply for non O as being over 50…and it doesn’t look like the Thai embassy shows it as a visa option, I don’t want non O-A based on retirement and I don’t want non O based on marriage because I’m not married, the problem I have is if I enter Thailand on the 30 day visa and then extend it for 30 days what do I ask for after that?

11 hours ago, essex boys said:

Thanks ubonjoe for the reply, I clicked on that link and I can see the non O visa information but as soon as I click on it the page reverts to the Thai embassy London homepage in thai language, when I click on English as the language, the homepage changes again…I had a look on the e-visa section and it doesn’t appear to have the non O for over 50, it appears to be only for visiting family or partners…I’m using an iPad so maybe the Thai embassy site doesn’t work properly with Apple software?

You have to scroll down the page to find the non-o visa. The links at top of the page do not work.

image.png.b3722be14fa02f0aa6d1490dedad7e18.png

It is hard to find info about the non-o visa for retirement on the site. Tried to go the site to find it for you but the site is down. The info on the e-visa is about the same as what is on the embassy website.

Many people have been entering visa exempt and then applying for the non-o at immigration. Having to have 90 days of medical insurance for the non-o visa is one of the reasons.

Edit: Requirements for non-o visa application at immigration  is here.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe

2 hours ago, essex boys said:

@redarmy , I can do that but I want to apply for non O as being over 50…and it doesn’t look like the Thai embassy shows it as a visa option, I don’t want non O-A based on retirement and I don’t want non O based on marriage because I’m not married, the problem I have is if I enter Thailand on the 30 day visa and then extend it for 30 days what do I ask for after that?

I am trying to go through that exact same process - i entered visa exempt for 30 days then extended that for another 30 days - Opened up a Thai bank account, put some money in then extended my permission to stay for another 60 days via a Covid extension application - i will apply for my 90 day non O soon.

Redarmy & ubonjoe many thanks for your replies, I think I will be doing the same as you redarmy arrive on a 30 day visa exemption then extend it for 30 days then maybe a covid extension if they are still available, I will probably keep doing covid extensions untill they are stopped and then go fir my non O.

thanks again to you both for your help