Route 11 Chiang Mai to Lampang Restricted Access Highway?

BunsofVeal

Are parts of route 11 between Chiang Mai and Lampang restricted access, meaning you can't ride any two wheeled vehicles less than 300cc on it? I looked at Google Street View, and the parts south of Doi Khun Tan National Park certain looks it, but other parts, it just looks like any other highway with shops and tiny roads linking directly to the highway. Please advise. 

11 hours ago, BunsofVeal said:

Are parts of route 11 between Chiang Mai and Lampang restricted access, meaning you can't ride any two wheeled vehicles less than 300cc on it?

How did you come up with this? There is no such limitation in all of Thailand.

Even if it was designated restricted access, which is not the case, no motosai rider would take any notice of it. And they will ride in the opposite direction of the traffic flow just like they do everywhere else. Using Street View and then applying any first world traffic restrictions based on the design of the roadway is simply not the case here. The lack of hard shoulders on the  section around Khun Tan does not imply anything related to road rules.

Got tired of the surprises on the 11 such as rounding a blind turn to find an 18 wheeler doing 2 kph right in front of me going up a windy hill.  Take Hwy 1 now through Tak to Nakhon Sawan and then down to BKK from there.  Just did it 4 days ago (Moderna shot finally showed up in BKK) and was 120 -130 kph almost all the way to Nakhon Sawan where I arrived almost 2 hrs ahead of Google estimated time.  Did almost the same speed back to CM.  The 11 would make for an "exciting" time on a small bike!

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

Got tired of the surprises on the 11 such as rounding a blind turn to find an 18 wheeler doing 2 kph right in front of me going up a windy hill.  Take Hwy 1 now through Tak to Nakhon Sawan and then down to BKK from there.  Just did it 4 days ago (Moderna shot finally showed up in BKK) and was 120 -130 kph almost all the way to Nakhon Sawan where I arrived almost 2 hrs ahead of Google estimated time.  Did almost the same speed back to CM.  The 11 would make for an "exciting" time on a small bike!

4 days ago..... Hmmmmm....  I'll give it a few more days then you should see the camera ticket(s) in the mail. Doing 120/130 kph on hwy 1 to Nakhon Sawan always seems to get me a ticket or two.

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

From the OP -

Are parts of route 11 between Chiang Mai and Lampang restricted access

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, dingdongrb said:

4 days ago..... Hmmmmm....  I'll give it a few more days then you should see the camera ticket(s) in the mail. Doing 120/130 kph on hwy 1 to Nakhon Sawan always seems to get me a ticket or two.

Those cameras actually work!?  We will see ????