What's the longest someone has had to wait for their eVisa to be approved?

Submitted and paid for eVisa application on November 16.  I am applying from within the country I reside so thought the longest was going to be 3 days.  3 weeks and counting for me.  eVisa application has read  "pending document check" for about 2 weeks now.  No one has contacted me for incorrect documentation. 

Already cancelled my flight and hotel last week when I was supposed to depart for Thailand.

Edited by AlexCanada

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you contact the embassy about it?

Yes, around 10 times during business hours.  No one ever answers and voicemail is full.  I also emailed them over a week ago and no reply.  I also called the local Thai Consulate who said they can't help me (I need to apply to Federal Thai Embassy) but confirmed this is the frustration she is hearing from many.

The problem maybe within your application method. An employee with Thai Airways told me that using a Windows programme is often required.  The disparity in response times between individuals could be attributed to the use Smart devices compared with desktops. 

6 hours ago, tgeezer said:

The problem maybe within your application method. An employee with Thai Airways told me that using a Windows programme is often required.  The disparity in response times between individuals could be attributed to the use Smart devices compared with desktops. 

Desktop.  Windows.  

If I completed something incorrectly, aren't they supposed to let me know?  I have heard nothing at all from them that any of my documents were incorrect.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Sooo many reports in the ridiculous amount of time it can take for a simple 60 day visa!  THEN you have to go through Thailand pass.  I for one wanted to come for 60 day visa plus 30 day extension and spend a ton of money$. Now I am only considering 30 day visa exempt and extend 30 and if I keep reading about how f'  ing long that is taking especially from people who don't have a QR code with their vaccine card ( like 80% of Americans don't have ) I may have to give up on that!!  Thailand HAS to make these things easier. We should all contact local consulates and embassies and start putting more pressure on them. They are doing NOTHING but sitting on their butts. No one should be losing $$ on plane tickets and pre paid one night stay and have to loose this because of a completely broken system ( no system ) No "TIT " remarks.  No country is acting this  pathetic! 

Same as myself! I was told nearly two months for a 60 day tourist visa , an EVIsA as well ! Totally ridiculous. And then non guaranteed ! So visa exempt for me. You read the instructions, 15 iPad pages long! Why can’t Thailand bring in an evisa that is easy and takes a few days, Cambodia easy, Myanmar easy too, most countries take less than a week. Recently applied, French Polynesia, Australia ( before Covid of course). . Many awfully  stressed people on FB asking for help. Thailand should be ashamed of themselves , showing the world their archaic ways of handling tourism and immigration.

• Like 1

I'm looking at fleeing the UK for 3 ish months... Cold and miserable, Bangkok's always good for me, my Thai ex has some apartments that are vacent so I'm think why not.... She's cool.. so all good,.  then I look at the visa situ and frankly I'm put of... What do I need for a 3 month or 6 month visa l.. it used to be... Pop the passport in the post  with a form , a week or so b4 departure and pay for fast return.. and bingo your good to go.. So on very simple terms to a very simple borderline dumb man,  what do I have to do now?      ...HUGE thanks in advance as I'm now gonna get my head down after watching Englands  sad  demise in the ashes...

edit    . I'm fully vaccinated plus booster... Plus I've got the NHS app  COVID thingy.  Thanks again

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 12/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, AlexCanada said:

Desktop.  Windows.  

If I completed something incorrectly, aren't they supposed to let me know?  I have heard nothing at all from them that any of my documents were incorrect.

I feel the same way. Application under review. Email sent automatic reply. Phone lines not taking calls, Sat 1500 GMT Friend in Thailand tried to call, all lines busy messages full. I discovered that my NHS app has a QR code which probably explains the delay. After thirty minutes listening to "thank you for your patience" and musak I ordered a QR code by snail mail from the NHS, why the hell can't they use an email? 
I am going to do nothing more, if I don't get a reply from Immigration before I get the final PCR on Sunday I shall abandon the plan.  I have already checked with the hotel they will refund those costs.  The travel agent says that the insurance and air ticket will be lost, I will try for that but if it's as frustrating as the last week I am not sure that I will try too hard.  I am very disappointed, in sixteen years of dealing with Immigration I have never had such a frustrating experience. 

You can get it emailed to you either user the app to send an email or login online and send an email.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

As for eVisa - had a SETV take 2 working days.

9 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I feel the same way. Application under review. Email sent automatic reply. Phone lines not taking calls, Sat 1500 GMT Friend in Thailand tried to call, all lines busy messages full. I discovered that my NHS app has a QR code which probably explains the delay. After thirty minutes listening to "thank you for your patience" and musak I ordered a QR code by snail mail from the NHS, why the hell can't they use an email? 
I am going to do nothing more, if I don't get a reply from Immigration before I get the final PCR on Sunday I shall abandon the plan.  I have already checked with the hotel they will refund those costs.  The travel agent says that the insurance and air ticket will be lost, I will try for that but if it's as frustrating as the last week I am not sure that I will try too hard.  I am very disappointed, in sixteen years of dealing with Immigration I have never had such a frustrating experience.