Clueless looking for fishing advice

earthscar

Some quick background: I'm unfamiliar w/ both pattaya and fishing in general. I'm attempting to help my GFs brother(15yr) who is interested in fishing. From talking to him he seems to be mainly familiar w/ river fishing and would like to do it on a regular basis thus making fishing parks unsustainable as a option.

Some of the posts i ran across in my search seemed to imply that due to over fishing(netting and otherwise) there really wasn't much shore fishing left. I'm considering getting him into one of the boating trips out for his birthday but in the meantime is there a good spot for him to do casual shore fishing?

I'm not adverse to doing a day trip etc out to some location if its not to difficult. Any insight would be much appreciated.

11 hours ago, earthscar said:

in the meantime is there a good spot for him to do casual shore fishing?

I'm not adverse to doing a day trip etc out to some location if its not to difficult. Any insight would be much appreciated.

You might try sifting through the many videos on this Thai YouTube channel, everything from small rivers to offshore.   https://www.youtube.com/user/FishingEZ