Hello Have OA Visa issued in the USA coming up for expiration in January 2022

OUAT41

Does anyone have Idea how I can get my renew for one more year. As before Covid it easy I would always fly out to one of the Asia country's fora visit and then back into Thailand a few day before expiration date getting a new stamp for one more year. My current Visa is Multiple Entry.  I have two Insurance Issued from USA that was approved to get this Visa, Dont have Vaccination because of Allergic reaction. I am 79 but in great condition and have lived here in Chiang Mai over 8 years on retirement. Went thru my 15 day Quarantine in Bangkok last Jan/Feb . So what I am asking anyone know away to cross on of the Borders and then back. Thank Inadvance.  

Some borders will open in a few days. But as far I know it will be not easier than when you fly in.
Additional when you will visit a neighbor country you probably have to deal with quarantine in that country as well.

So maybe to fly to another location and then fly back will be easier. The option for an extension is probably not possible anymore (else you would mention it already)?

Two options during the Pandemic (I also have an OA issued in Jan 2021 and of course it expires in January 2022 as well). 

1. Qualify for an extension of the OA by having 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank Account.  Of course the money has to be "seasoned" for the appropriate amount of time.  Also, ensure the health insurance policy meets the OA Visa Extension criteria.  If one has been transferring at least 65,000 Baht on a monthly basis to a Thai bank from overseas than this would also qualify.

2. Go back to your home country and get another OA Visa(I will probably do this but not completely sure if I want to come back to Thailand).

*There is also a 3rd option which is not favored by all.  This is the "no financials" extension that some agents can arrange for a price.  I did some inquiries and an agent wanted 55,000 Baht for this option (no thank you and the agent wanted the 3 Million  Baht health insurance policy renewed before processing the extension). 

In past I was able to fly to Singapore or Kuala Lumpur for a day or two and return and get stamped in for another year on past OA Visa's but the process of getting into another country and the process of just getting back into Thailand is difficult and no guarantee that borders will remain open.  

Good luck and I am in the same place as you are.