Assange - Extradition may proceed.

The details of the "promises" were detailed on a podcast new show today

I believe the UK has been hoodwinked.

There is nothing Assange did that is different from what the NYT or any journalist everywhere does everyday. He better pray, the US  convict him of something and quickly. Then  send him to jail in Australia as promised/

The next Trump administration will send him to ADX Florence Assange would never be heard from again.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If Assange wasn't involved then fine but a bit of sunshine won't go astray. In particular, many people want to know the truth behind visits and communications between Manfort, Stone and Assange.

And what Farage was up to meeting with Assange directly after returning from meetings with theses same convicted criminals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The details of the "promises" were detailed on a podcast new show today

I believe the UK has been hoodwinked.

There is nothing Assange did that is different from what the NYT or any journalist everywhere does everyday. He better pray, the US  convict him of something and quickly. Then  send him to jail in Australia as promised/

The next Trump administration will send him to ADX Florence Assange would never be heard from again.

If Assange has only engaged in journalism then he has nothing to fear.

The charges angus at him are espionage, these charges will be tested in an open court trial.

There isn’t going to be another Trump

administration and the terms of his extradition are binding.

He has one last hope.

If he has dirt on the UK Government he might have his extradition quashed by the Home Secretary. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If Assange has only engaged in journalism then he has nothing to fear.

The charges angus at him are espionage, these charges will be tested in an open court trial.

There isn’t going to be another Trump

administration and the terms of his extradition are binding.

He has one last hope.

If he has dirt on the UK Government he might have his extradition quashed by the Home Secretary. 

The US calls it. Journalism IS espionage

Imagine Some English journalist from the The Guardian publishes facts about China (CCP no like)

He goes on vacation or assignment to Nicaragua. Arrested and sent to china to be tried by a kangaroo court Great precedent for authoritarians around the world.

This may be the last generation to know freedom 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

The US calls it. Journalism IS espionage

Imagine Some English journalist from the The Guardian publishes facts about China (CCP no like)

He goes on vacation or assignment to Nicaragua. Arrested and sent to china to be tried by a kangaroo court Great precedent for authoritarians around the world.

This may be the last generation to know freedom 

Assange is facing trial in an open court, he’ll have legal representation and Constitutional rights.

Now I know Assange is an Australian but what’s all this imaginary nonsense about kangaroos?

On 12/11/2021 at 12:01 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange is facing trial in an open court, he’ll have legal representation and Constitutional rights.

Now I know Assange is an Australian but what’s all this imaginary nonsense about kangaroos?

Assange cannot get a fair trial in a US court.

If he is lucky now he will be sent to Australia as promised, or executed 

If the next Trump administration gets him he will be sent to ADX Max Florence

Fed cat food, never heard from again.

A fate worse than death

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

A fate worse than death

He's guilty anyway, who cares. Conspiring with the Russians and Manafort to swing an election will get him life in any court. The right wing hated him but now he's their darling. There's enough evidence to convict him regardless of whether you think the court will be fair or not.

6 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

So you are saying his hatred of Hillary was his downfall?

I don't know if he hated Hillary or not. His emotions are of no concern to me. I just want to know what he was doing communicating with Assange and Stone at the same time as he was accepting stolen emails from the Russians prior to the 2020 election. If he's innocent so be it but they weren't just friends.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-reveals-roger-stone-was-directly-communicating-with-julian-assange-2020-4?r=AU&IR=T

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What he did is no different than any other journalist who requests information from a source.

Obama did not pursue

If he is convicted there can be no more international policy journalism, anywhere

This is the last free generation

Rubbish, he dealt in stolen property like any other common criminal and he conspired to influence an election as a foreigner. These are crimes. Journalists do not usually engage in this kind of behaviour.

A fate worse than death

Assange will get a trial in open court, he’ll have legal representation and Constitutional rights.

The terms of his extradition preclude a death penalty.

There will not be ‘a next Trump administration’, he too is heading for the slammer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What he did is no different than any other journalist who requests information from a source.

Obama did not pursue

If he is convicted there can be no more international policy journalism, anywhere

This is the last free generation

He’s indicted for conspiracy to illegally access US Military computer networks.

Illegally accessing any computer network is not journalism it’s a crime.

…..

Incidentally, he is not yet indicted from alleged crimes relating to the 2016 election.

This raises a couple of questions:

1. Will he be indicted for those alleged crimes.

2. If indicted for alleged crimes beyond the terms of his extradition, would such and indictment and if convicted, result in him remaining in US prison rather than being returned to Australia?

None of the crimes for which he is indicted (or suspected) are capital crimes, so can we dispense with the histrionics on execution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So you are saying his hatred of Hillary was his downfall?

His downfall was Chelsie Manning being caught and the insuring investigation revealing Assange’s part in Manning’s crimes.

His extradition has zero to do with crimes he is believed to have committed against Clinton, and if it had do you really think Tru

p administration would have sought his extradition?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Assange will get a trial in open court, he’ll have legal representation and Constitutional rights.

The terms of his extradition preclude a death penalty.

There will not be ‘a next Trump administration’, he too is heading for the slammer.

I made my primary point several times won't bother again 

By execution I meant he would probably be "found dead in his cell" like Epstein. 

Assange's crime is that he caused the most powerful people to be embarrassed and shown as what they are crooks, liars and murderers. A "trial in open court" would be the event of the Century. They wont allow him a voice. As far as I know he has been indicted for "a conspiracy to access govt computers" going back to 2010. This is the kind of case the Feds come after somebody with they have no chance of losing. He wont be allowed to speak. You do know there are a few dozen men held in Gitmo most never even charged with a crime? 

By the way I dont like Assange he is a vile person who thinks rules do not apply to him, or he thinks is so smart he can legally skirt them

If you think Trump will spend a day in jail you misunderstand the American system, completely.

Remember there was a moment in history when 

2019  - *Trump on Thursday repeatedly denied knowledge about WikiLeaks and Assange. But, in fact, Trump has a history of supporting WikiLeaks, saying at one rally in 2016: “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks.”

During the campaign, Trump routinely applauded WikiLeaks for its role in disseminating the contents of internal communications stolen from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign. He even publicly encouraged the Russians “to find the 30,000 emails (from Hillary Clinton’s server) that are missing.”

Still, Trump said in April after Assange’s arrest he knows nothing about WikiLeaks*

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, Captain Monday said:

I made my primary point several times won't bother again 

By execution I meant he would probably be "found dead in his cell" like Epstein. 

Assange's crime is that he caused the most powerful people to be embarrassed and shown as what they are crooks, liars and murderers. A "trial in open court" would be the event of the Century. They wont allow him a voice. As far as I know he has been indicted for "a conspiracy to access govt computers" going back to 2010. This is the kind of case the Feds come after somebody with they have no chance of losing. He wont be allowed to speak. You do know there are a few dozen men held in Gitmo most never even charged with a crime? 

By the way I dont like Assange he is a vile person who thinks rules do not apply to him, or he thinks is so smart he can legally skirt them

If you think Trump will spend a day in jail you misunderstand the American system, completely.

Remember there was a moment in history when 

2019  - *Trump on Thursday repeatedly denied knowledge about WikiLeaks and Assange. But, in fact, Trump has a history of supporting WikiLeaks, saying at one rally in 2016: “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks.”

During the campaign, Trump routinely applauded WikiLeaks for its role in disseminating the contents of internal communications stolen from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign. He even publicly encouraged the Russians “to find the 30,000 emails (from Hillary Clinton’s server) that are missing.”

Still, Trump said in April after Assange’s arrest he knows nothing about WikiLeaks*

Pinned.

• Confused 1