Job In Japan For A Thai

The mother of my stepson's friend runs a restaurant in Tokyo.

She wants my stepson to go over there, with her son, and work.

He will get paid 30K baht a month.

Does anyone have direct experience of Thais working in Japan?

Visa laws, labour laws, taxation etc.

I realise he will feel very isolated until he learns the basics of the language.........

If possible I want him to have the experience, but I need to know the risks as well.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I realise he will feel very isolated until he learns the basics of the language.........

If possible I want him to have the experience, but I need to know the risks as well.

Thanks

Well if he was a woman, he could expect that he was being lied to about working in a restaurant. when she gets there, they inform her that she now is 800k+ baht in debt for the visa and transport and that she has to repay this debt over the course of the next year by prostituting to 400+ customers. After this debt is repaid, there is a good chance that she will be deported and return to thailand with nothing to show.

that is the standard story for women (It seems Japanese are really into sex slaves)

as for males, I am not sure - I am sure they do need boys to work in restaurants., so it might be ok. But then again.....is he particularly good looking?

as for males, I am not sure - I am sure they do need boys to work in restaurants., so it might be ok. But then again.....is he particularly good looking?

He is not an oil painting with acne scars on his face................

Thanks

Well if he was a woman, he could expect that he was being lied to about working in a restaurant. when she gets there, they inform her that she now is 800k+ baht in debt for the visa and transport and that she has to repay this debt over the course of the next year by prostituting to 400+ customers. After this debt is repaid, there is a good chance that she will be deported and return to thailand with nothing to show.

that is the standard story for women (It seems Japanese are really into sex slaves)

Althought I'm sure this does happen, it is not the rule. I do know someone who is working there who does send money......lots and lots of money home to Thailand. She is working in the bar and has been for about 3 years. She sends home over a million baht a year.

So your story, as terrible as it sounds, it not entirely fact. It is more of a stereo-type. Almost as bad as the stories about bar/kareoke girls here in Thailand.

Thanks

Althought I'm sure this does happen, it is not the rule. I do know someone who is working there who does send money......lots and lots of money home to Thailand. She is working in the bar and has been for about 3 years. She sends home over a million baht a year.

So your story, as terrible as it sounds, it not entirely fact. It is more of a stereo-type. Almost as bad as the stories about bar/kareoke girls here in Thailand.

Yeah but he aint a woman....his mates mother runs a restaurant....legit work...keep on track guys.