Marketing Idea 4 Enterprising CM Thai

SamSanuk

As I was walking this evening in Santitham, passing maybe 30 restaurants, and having really no clue what’s what since most everything is advertised in Thai, I had a thunderous marketing idea: FOOD TOUR GUIDE.

With a passing understanding of English (don’t get me started ????) the guide could charge 200 baht or more for a small tour of hidden food gems in one particular neighborhood (Santitham, Nimmenhaimen, Old City, etc). Maybe hit up 5 to 10 places. 

Maybe the restaurants would have a small sampling?

Aside: I remember once a friend showed me this hole in the wall place in Santitham that had a kickass crispy pork and kale. I would have never found it myself. I still don’t know the name of the place, just where it is.

So….Take a small group around and make 1000-2000 baht. After the tour, send the participants an email with the list of restaurants visited, with info on delivery options, etc

Personally I would be happy to add some new cuisine to my weekly regulars and it would be worth my baht. ????

• Like 1

Nothing new for CM.

Pre Covid many Tour Guides/Companies did exactly that and not just for food outlets.  Many owners of establishments pay a "tip" to the so called guides to be included in the tour and/or offer discounts!