Bolt availability

MarcelV

In Bangkok I’ve found it easier to get a BOLT than it is to get a GRAB recently. 

Securing a ride with Grab seems to have become more difficult recently, no drivers seem to want the fare, meanwhile taxi’s are everywhere.

Getting a ride with BOLT is also not as easy recently.

I was staring to wonder if the Taxi drivers have not all got together and decided to boycott Grab in favour of ‘cash only’ BOLT.

Either that or a lot of taxi’s and Grab cars have simply ‘left the business’ - Getting a ride is not as simple or as fast as it was 3 months ago... Or, I’ve just been unlucky this past couple of weeks and conformation bias is seeping in.....

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

Is there a list of towns or cities where you can find a Bolt driver?

Even in Thailand's fourth biggest city I got the "not available" message.

There's a list on their website but it's out of date as it doesn't include Pattaya where they've been available for a while.  If Chiang Mai is the 4th biggest city then I've used them many times there.

https://bolt.eu/en-gb/cities/

image.png.e83a0617471b0c4fcfb035e4c730f37c.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

There's a list on their website but it's out of date as it doesn't include Pattaya where they've been available for a while.  If Chiang Mai is the 4th biggest city then I've used them many times there.

https://bolt.eu/en-gb/cities/

image.png.e83a0617471b0c4fcfb035e4c730f37c.png

Hat Yai is apparently the fourth biggest city and it's the closest big city to my residence. Strangely enough, Hat Yai does not have a taxi service of any kind. Here in the Deep South you really are on your own when it comes to transportation.

18 hours ago, MarcelV said:

Hat Yai is apparently the fourth biggest city and it's the closest big city to my residence. Strangely enough, Hat Yai does not have a taxi service of any kind. Here in the Deep South you really are on your own when it comes to transportation.

Hat Yai airport does have some taxis. You could try to call one of these.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swissbie said:

In the city you have to relay on tuktuks and songthaeos, minivans for longer distances.

Yes. The songthaews are golden for intracity travel. At least they got that there. When you leave the city, you are on your own.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

In Bangkok I’ve found it easier to get a BOLT than it is to get a GRAB recently. 

Securing a ride with Grab seems to have become more difficult recently, no drivers seem to want the fare, meanwhile taxi’s are everywhere.

Getting a ride with BOLT is also not as easy recently.

I was staring to wonder if the Taxi drivers have not all got together and decided to boycott Grab in favour of ‘cash only’ BOLT.

Either that or a lot of taxi’s and Grab cars have simply ‘left the business’ - Getting a ride is not as simple or as fast as it was 3 months ago... Or, I’ve just been unlucky this past couple of weeks and conformation bias is seeping in.....

All these gab drivers though out  the various lockdownshad finance to oay with little or no work so the cars went back, end of story