Songkla bars and restaurants

ponder

I've not been into Songkhla recently, but the situation will be much the same as currently in Hat Yai. Bars are closed, and restaurants are not supposed to serve alcohol, however, if you look around you'll find restaurants that will serve alcohol discretely in coffee mugs. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:22 PM, MajorTom said:

I was in Songkhla and Hat Yai recently. All bars are closed. I could not find any restaurant that sold beer. Might be possible as posted, but the entire province is very depressing. Shutters down on all kinds of business. Avoid it if possible.

It's the same elsewhere in the deep south. In my province there is no beer/alcohol for sale anywhere. Not even the 7-11s sell it. Great place to get sober though ????

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 1:04 AM, MarcelV said:

It's the same elsewhere in the deep south. In my province there is no beer/alcohol for sale anywhere. Not even the 7-11s sell it. Great place to get sober though ????

Even in Dannok.? 

9 hours ago, rott said:

Even in Dannok.? 

I'm sure you can find a drink in Danok, but with the border open for little more than goods traffic, you'll only find truckers and cheap whores for company.

Edited by Stocky

I'm sure the truckers will not bother me, but I do like some company.

I will be leaving my trip to the South for a month or two in the hopes that things ease up a bit. Sadao Dannok is a lot more accessible than my first idea and has similar attractions. ????

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Out in Hat Yai this weekend and happily restaurants are serving alcohol again, and the bars are all now signed as "bar & restaurant" or "bar & bistro". Centre of town remains largely quiet, the Post Laser was busy on Sunday night and I noted a couple of beer bars open, as well as the West Side, though it didn't look to be busy. 

• Like 2