Solo Camping.

Anyone have good info on solo camping in Thailand? 

Either within the national parks or any where else that can be suggested? 

I'd like to hike somewhere remote/ quiet and camp away from people. Is that even possible in Thailand?

I am looking to spend a few days away in the bush walking, hiking some trails and setting up camp somewhere along the way. Preferably mountainous/ river/ ravine.
(If there are any real campers in here please drop a PM if you prefer not to say out in the open)

• Haha 1

Solo camping and bush-walking in Thailand? - You're a real adventurer, aren't you? In Thailand there are always numerous people around, and as a 'rich foreigner' you could become the target of a number of things...

Better follow Denim's advice.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

You might do better just camping in a National Park then spending the day walking on one of the signposted park trails which can be of various lengths. I've been to National parks midweek and had the whole place to myself. You will need your own transport to get to some of the more remote parks.

Also let the park rangers know you are there and that you will be hiking. Not a good idea to head off into the jungle blazing your own trail without telling anyone. 

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Solo camping and bush-walking in Thailand? - You're a real adventurer, aren't you? In Thailand there are always numerous people around, and as a 'rich foreigner' you could become the target of a number of things...

Better follow Denim's advice.

I've spent years walking/cycling jungle trails around Chiang Mai, very rare to meet anyone else, even on trails to popular waterfalls.

Edited by BritManToo