Opening a USD account in Wise UK bank

I have an account with Wise that covers GBP and Thai baht.

I want to add a USD account to my main account.

The Wise help pages are very nice but they don't give me an practical help.

Has anyone managed to do this, and if so, how did you manage it?

19 minutes ago, Rochford6 said:

If you have the wise account app on your phone look at your USD balance then check account details.  You should see us bank details. I got this automatically when I arranged the borderless debit card 

My account is in GBP and I am trying to add a USD account to it.

In the latest updated app on my phone, on the home page I have a box at the top that shows my $AUD balance.

I can scroll that to the left and it shows me that I have in order $0 New Zealand, B0 Thai Baht, $0 US Dollars and the next option is a “+” if you tap on that it will (I assume) allow you to select any currency that WISE services.

I didn’t select those currencies to display, they prepopulated in my app, I’d suggest that $USD would prepopulate in everyone’s app.

2 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

In the latest updated app on my phone, on the home page I have a box at the top that shows my $AUD balance.

I can scroll that to the left and it shows me that I have in order $0 New Zealand, B0 Thai Baht, $0 US Dollars and the next option is a “+” if you tap on that it will (I assume) allow you to select any currency that WISE services.

I didn’t select those currencies to display, they prepopulated in my app, I’d suggest that $USD would prepopulate in everyone’s app.

I only have British pound and the "+" displayed on mine (Android).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

Unless of course what you want is a WISE $USD Bank Account…? (As opposed to being able to convert GBP to USD)

Im not sure you could get a US bank account number unless you could “prove” residency in the USA.

Others may know better…

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

So yes, you could add another currency should you wish, but I’m thinking that the OP may want a WISE US Bank Account and I’m not sure if it can happen.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions guys.

At this point I am only looking to receive USD from a source and not send or receive from any other places.

• Like 1