Test & go hotel booking

Hi all, I’m just in the process of booking my 1 night test & go hotel, they have asked for a confirmation email with a copy of my passport, my flight ticket, my vaccinations certificate and my insurance…anybody else had to do this? Just seems strange that for me to even get as far as the hotel everything they are requesting would have had to be in place and checked countless times. I just thought it was a bit odd to request it

I was asked for the same things by my hotel (passport, vaccination certificate, flight ticket, insurance). I am not comfortable sending my passport via e-mail as it is not secure and I don't see any reason why they would need this information. I am thinking what to do, I guess I will contact the hotel and ask why they need this information and what they want to do with it.

yes, all hotels need those documents.

Copy of your pass will be given to hospital, so they can issue your test certificate.

The whole of T&G idea is plain stupid, too complicated and engaging too many parties in this process. Going away from thailand is much simpler, copy of vax and online locator within country.

Most of the time guest is taken from airport to hospital, after to hotel.

Some hotels do testing onsite, but only at certain time, 3x per day, so there would be delay with results.

Only one hotel promised me to do test within 15-45 minutes of arrival. But it's exception 

Edited by internationalism

51 minutes ago, Alldar said:

I am not comfortable sending my passport via e-mail as it is not secure and I don't see any reason why they would need this information.

How with or without Covid would you check in to a hotel in Thailand without showing your passport?

hotel books test for you and passes to hospital your details or you would have to show them your passport at hospital.

Showing your ID before test is a common practice around the world, to prevent abuse.

Simpler for the guest is just open the window in the transport car for test than showing your pass for check.

When I had arrived to hospital the nurse had a copy of my pass and some papers related to test at her hand. Quick glance at my face and copy, to confirm identity.

Another time one person was checking passport before nurse test. That was more complicated, I had to open car window twice.

At your sha+ hotel you didn't have to present your pass before testing, because reception already had it at check in

Edited by internationalism

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

How with or without Covid would you check in to a hotel in Thailand without showing your passport?

Showing a passport is totally different thing than sending the passport via unsecured and unencrypted email so it will be stored on their mail server (for how long? forever?).

I don't have a problem showing them physical copy on site.

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Showing your ID before test is a common practice around the world, to prevent abuse.

Exactly, showing ID, not sending them a copy via e-mail. I haven't seen that yet. I don't have a problem showing them my passport.

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

At your sha+ hotel you didn't have to present your pass before testing, because reception already had it at check in

No hotel had just my passport number and I was tested at the airport before checking-in to the hotel. They didn't have my passport.

Edited by Alldar

1 minute ago, Alldar said:

Showing a passport is totally different thing than sending the passport via unsecured and unencrypted email so it will be stored on their mail server (for how long? forever?).

I don't have a problem showing them physical copy on site.

And how long will they keep your passport copy? You really think that's safer?

But anyway, if you want to book a test&go, you will have to mail them a copy.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

And how long will they keep your passport copy? You really think that's safer?

But anyway, if you want to book a test&go, you will have to mail them a copy.

Definitely safer. It is not stored digitally, cannot be hacked, cannot be intercepted during transfer, cannot be forwarded to other parties etc.

You seem like you don't care about sensitive private information at all. If I don't mail them a copy what will they do? I will have Thailand Pass already and all the documents so I am coming to Thailand. Can they revoke my Thailand Pass?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alldar said:

Definitely safer. It is not stored digitally, cannot be hacked, cannot be intercepted during transfer, cannot be forwarded to other parties etc.

You seem like you don't care about sensitive private information at all. If I don't mail them a copy what will they do? I will have Thailand Pass already and all the documents so I am coming to Thailand. Can they revoke my Thailand Pass?

I'm taking care of my privacy but I'm not paranoic.

Without test&go booking you won't get the TP.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I'm taking care of my privacy but I'm not paranoic.

Without test&go booking you won't get the TP.

I have the booking already. Fully paid with confirmation letter as well. I will just not send them the documents via e-mail.

• Haha 2

Well thanks for the answers and your input gentleman, I’m booking the hotel as part of getting my Thailand pass…..the hotel has good feedback so I’m guessing it’s all ok I’m going to supply what they have asked for and see how I go, but I’m also not a fan of sending identity documents by email

Kindly process the full payment via our Online Payment link as below and send the slip payment to us after you have it done please.

This was the email I received regarding payment and documents to supply 

https://ipay.bangkokbank.com/b2c/eng/payment/payForm.jsp?merchantId=7149&amount=4800&orderRef=Patty&currCode=764&lang=E&payMethod=ALL&payType=N

Or you can make a payment through Bank Transfer the detail as below:

Bank Name 

: Bank of Ayudhya

Bank Branch 
A/C Name 
A/C Number 
Swift Code 

: Ladkrabang
: Divalux Resort and Spa Co., Ltd.
: 264-1-74931-0 (Saving account)
: AYUDTHBK

Full prepayment is required at time of making reservation and non-refundable. 

Note

This package is reserved for 46 exempt countries listed by the Thai government.

• Must have RT-PCR valid 72 hours prior to travel to Thailand.

• Must have completed at least 2 vaccinations 14 days prior to travel.

• Wait one night for the RT-PCR test results at the hotel or until the results are released.

In case of waiting for the results more than 1 night, the hotel will charge 1 more night from the package as per room category.

• The quarantine period is set by the Department of Disease Control staff again. Upon arrival in Thailand **

Without any reconfirmation or complete the payment, we would release your inquiry from our record and if you prefer to book the room, please contact us again.

Please provide the documents for next step of process reservation as following:

Process the booking

1. Passport 

2. Flight detail  (for the airport pick up on the arrival date.)

3. Telephone number

4. Vaccination Certificate of Covid-19

5.Slip payment

We will send you the hotel confirmation letter after we received the details from you in shortly.

Edited by essex boys