Bowling

Frank67

Unfortunately PS Bowl at Pattaya Klang closed last year ????

Blue Rythm Bowling in The Avenue has closed as well.

The one opposite of Central Marina closed years ago.

There is a small one in Central Festival called SF Bowl, but with 180THB per game they are pretty expensive plus that their fancy light and loud music is not really what a bowler is looking for.

I found another small one in Palm Beach at Jomtien with 12 lanes. Actually quite OK and price is 120THB per game. But as these lanes seldom see guests, maintenance could be better, especially the oil patterns. Anyway, this is the best option I found so far.

Any other recommendations?

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply.

PS Bowl is closed forever. I assume that the complete building will be taken down and replaced by a high building, as this is in Pattaya's prime location.

I expected the bowling in The Avenue to be closed just temporarily, but the staff of the cinema next to it said it is forever. A shame.

Lawn bowling must be something different than 10 pin bowling, as it is on played grass. Not what I am looking for.

"Expected" & "assume" not two words that guarantee a sure bet.

Maybe speak with the people at Palm Beach and ask about their maintenance schedule, bowl on the favorable days. You listed all the possible bowling places in Pattaya, were you expecting some hidden lanes?

13 hours ago, bbko said:

Maybe speak with the people at Palm Beach and ask about their maintenance schedule, bowl on the favorable days. You listed all the possible bowling places in Pattaya, were you expecting some hidden lanes?

I was oping for a hidden gem, if not in Pattaya then maybe nearby. Or some news if there will be a new development replacing PS Bowl and Blue Rythm bowling. If the list was complete it is at least useful information for others.

I learned in the meantime that The Wave bowling at Palm Beach has a technician on site from Friday to Sunday. So will play there at weekends.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Any updates on bowling locations?

We are relocating to Rayong soon (Ban Chang) and absolutely love to go bowling again...

Haven't done it for years and years...

Nothing available up in Udon Thani area ????

• 1 month later...

Bowling alley in jomtiem, nice to know.

I’m a regular tourist visitor to Pattaya and visited the PS  Bowling several times a week when I visited. In fact I’d brought over a set of three balls from the Uk and they lived there to be taken out for my practice sessions.

An Ozzie friend posted a picture of the demolished site. Glad the balls got a decent burial.

I’m intending to move to Pattaya as an expat in 2024

Jomtiem may well be my permanent location as a result of having a tenpin bowling alley