Electricity Price Per Unit?

Pattaya Spotter

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

4.25 for easy math, if you abuse it.  Wee bit less if you are very conservative, as having a sliding scale of charge, though not really much.

For my new condo Thai agent charges 5thb which is not much off this mark, but for previous rental Russian agent was charging 6thb (same building heh), it's take it or leave it without wiggle space...

Before when my parents were here I was renting villa, we were getting real bills paying them in 7-11, around 4+thb like @KhunLAsuggested.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, JetsetBkk said:

For "not so easy" math: 4.35 Bt / unit:

Last month:  Bt 4,300 for 987 units

Previous:       Bt 4,200 for 964 units

OMG I have never paid that amount and I run a 10,000 ltr turtle pond and a 60,000 ltr swimming pool each for 8 hours a day plus air con , fans, double size American type fridge freezer . You must run your aircon 24/7 for that amount 

I have my own single phase 30 kw transformer which the PEA charge me 300 baht per month + electricity usage + 7% vat comes to just under 5 baht per unit ( KW ) compered to Europe that is mega cheap but I see a lot of rental houses charge between 6 and 10 baht per unit a couple of years ago I read somewhere that the government stated that those who rent out properties should only charge the PEA price to the customer but I suppose they could come up with the excuse of servicing air con units once a year I don’t think it ever became law 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:06 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Thanks everyone...for units I'm shopping in Phuket, they're quoting 7-8 baht per unit. A nice little earner for some landlords.

A somewhat naive comment.  We have a small Resort, which has lighting in the Garden, also there is an electric pump to operate the water system.  All this has to be paid for.  We charge 6 baht per kw, which I think is fair.

• Like 1

It varies with the size of the fuse your owner chose at the roadside pole but I just received mine today and only used 69 units (was away a big part of the billing period) and the bill total was 269.42. Price per unit therefore was a little less than 3.9 baht per unit and I have a 45 amp pole fuse. Supply came from PEA.

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

A somewhat naive comment.  We have a small Resort, which has lighting in the Garden, also there is an electric pump to operate the water system.  All this has to be paid for.  We charge 6 baht per kw, which I think is fair.

My experience: I just moved to another unit in same condo, old agent charged me 6thb, new agent charges 5thb, so the old agent (or landlord) was pocketing that 1thb which was in my case 500-600thb per month (20% of the bill).

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

OMG I have never paid that amount and I run a 10,000 ltr turtle pond and a 60,000 ltr swimming pool each for 8 hours a day plus air con , fans, double size American type fridge freezer . You must run your aircon 24/7 for that amount 

We are talking about Cost per Unit, not about how many units a customer uses.

2 hours ago, cracker1 said:

It varies with the size of the fuse your owner chose at the roadside pole but I just received mine today and only used 69 units (was away a big part of the billing period) and the bill total was 269.42. Price per unit therefore was a little less than 3.9 baht per unit and I have a 45 amp pole fuse. Supply came from PEA.

That's about right. If you are not there, you do not use electricity, nothing to do with the pole.

13 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Never Rented here so don’t get why Renter doesn’t simply pay at Govt Meter cost, especially with present Renters Market. Renting Out my House on that basis.

Condo rental agents are managing the bills and dictating prices on "take it or leave it" terms... Anything more than 5thb is rip-off and extra profit for them, tenant can try to negotiate but usually they won't bulge... Renting directly from owners is probably different story, before I rented a villa and original bills were coming to our mailbox (regular price ~4thb) and we paid them in 7-11.

Agents Commission from Owner should ideally cover Full Rental Admin Service, if Hands Off Owner, with Tenant Material & Service Costs at COST from Renter. But such Owner would not care about Agent charges to Tenant.

know the Electric Scams done in my Complex. Mark Up and even Fixed Price irrespective of Use unrelation to Cost.Potential Tenants should now just walk away from this pre- Covid Agent bs.